Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Cuba
Reload this Page >

Kayak.com announces the addition of Cuban routes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA

USA Today: 1/29/2015

http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayi...tion/22519035/
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Of course, one can ask "what flights?" because there are none to add yet.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
The routings they offer are bizarre.

Aeroméxico with two stops (MTY and MEX), then Aeroflot with a stopover in SVO (???). And then they get weirder.

Nothing from Air Canada, either - which seems most odd.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Canadian site doesn't even offer any Cuban airports when there is fairly frequent scheduled service to at least 5 (as far as Canadian airlines go, only AC flies to HAV apparently). US site doesn't list any WS flights (all scheduled, and you might even be able to earn miles on Cuba flights with AA and DL some day in the future).
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Yeah no WS or AC flights - I think it has more to do with the fact that their only point of reference/comparison site seems to be flighthub.com
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Canadian site doesn't even offer any Cuban airports when there is fairly frequent scheduled service to at least 5 (as far as Canadian airlines go, only AC flies to HAV apparently). US site doesn't list any WS flights (all scheduled, and you might even be able to earn miles on Cuba flights with AA and DL some day in the future).
For now I ignore any site with USA links and that includes kayak.co.uk. Zuji was useful, but I still had to look at European and Canadian airline sites. FWIW, when I booked my son's flight with Air Canada (YYZ-HAV), the Air Canada site automatically routed me to the Air Canada holidays booking page - which is NOT the regular AC booking site. Obviously some behind-the-scenes stuff going on
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
It's not hard in the USA to book an itinerary to/from Cuba. You just need to book your legs separately: your RT for Toronto, Montreal, Mexico City, Cancun, etc., and the there-to-Havana RT. For most people here, the best place to start is the Air Canada site. Don't select USA as your country going in.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:30 am

Google flights also started to show flights to Cuba now for some months.

Last edited by el_che; Feb 1, 2015 at 5:18 am Reason: changed wording
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by tmac100
For now I ignore any site with USA links and that includes kayak.co.uk. Zuji was useful, but I still had to look at European and Canadian airline sites. FWIW, when I booked my son's flight with Air Canada (YYZ-HAV), the Air Canada site automatically routed me to the Air Canada holidays booking page - which is NOT the regular AC booking site. Obviously some behind-the-scenes stuff going on
For several years, all Cuba flights on AC have been sold only through the vacations subsidiary. Now that I think of it, I think this has something to do with the whole Rouge realignment they did.

I guess this would also explain why I didn't pull up AC flights on kayak - because AC only operates charters now.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...edemption.html
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
For several years, all Cuba flights on AC have been sold only through the vacations subsidiary. Now that I think of it, I think this has something to do with the whole Rouge realignment they did.

I guess this would also explain why I didn't pull up AC flights on kayak - because AC only operates charters now.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...edemption.html
However Air Canada arranged it, you didn't have to be a very bright American to figure out how to book a flight from Toronto to Havana, even if you're typing from Peoria.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Igave this thread a few days and at this moment (morning EST, North America) the only availability on YYZ- Havana is Havana, Florida..... Duhhh?

Westjet and AC fly to HAV and nearby Varadero - VRA (WestJet).

However, the Kayak site shows NOTHING in Cuba....

Back to my previous comment
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
Of course, one can ask "what flights?" because there are none to add yet.
I live in Europe, but I wasn't able to use Kayak despite multiple available flights from Europe to Cuba... Now, hooray, I can use Kayak!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
"1. Due to United States travel restrictions, we are unable to display travel itineraries to this location. Read more."

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jul 29, 2015 at 9:09 am
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: Somewhere in my wallet
I've booked my tickets to Cuba from the US the same way both times.

1. Cheap winter charter flight to Cancun. Exit terminal in Cancun, enter Cubana office just outside, buy CUN-HAV return ticket, paying cash.

2. Regular flight to Mexico City. Approach Cubana desk in the terminal, buy MEX-HAV return ticket, paying cash.

Rocket science.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GatoAndaluz
I've booked my tickets to Cuba from the US the same way both times.

1. Cheap winter charter flight to Cancun. Exit terminal in Cancun, enter Cubana office just outside, buy CUN-HAV return ticket, paying cash.

2. Regular flight to Mexico City. Approach Cubana desk in the terminal, buy MEX-HAV return ticket, paying cash.

Rocket science.
Cubana has its own site where you can book flights, not sure if now US cr cards can be used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.