Cayo Santa Maria - Havana

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa SEN, Bonvoy LT TE, SIXT Diamond, AVIS President, HERTZ President

We're planing to stay at the Royalton on Cayo Santa Maria. The big question is: how to return to Havana (airport)? By car it should be 4.5 hrs, 410 km. Is there any possibility to fly from i.e. Santa Clara back to Havana? Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:52 am

I don't have an exact answer to your question but here is what I know - there is a small airport in Cayo Santa Maria and they do have charter flights going to Havana for hotel guests wishing to visit the city. Now would it be possible to arrange a transport on one of these charters - who knows. But, if my little travel experience is any good, they will be always open to accomodate you if you have some pesos that you're willing to part with.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Hilton Honours, Best Western R
You can book flights on cubajet.com or aerogaviota.com from Havana to Cayo Las Brujas (Around 225$ US return) Cayo Las Brujas is about a 5 or 10 minute taxi ride to the Royalton. They are only around 50 seat aircraft so book well in advance.

I would doubt very much if you could do 410 km in 4.5 hours, more likely 6+ hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.