Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Largest Suite Cabins to Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2008, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Largest Suite Cabins to Alaska

I'm starting to investigate a possible cruise to Alaska in '09 for about 6 people. Rather than take 3 cabins, we thought we could book one of the larger premium suites and pay the full price (through a discounter, of course) for the first two people, then the discounted add-on price for the next 4 people.

My question is around suite size and maximum occupancy. I've seen some larger suites with a king size master bed and a queen sleeper in the living room. Do any of the nicer cruise lines (not Carnival, Princess, etc.) offer 'owner suite' type accommodations with a 2 bedroom suite and sleeper sofa to properly accommodate 6 people in the space? Or do all cruise lines generally cap occupancy at 4 people in a large suite?

We would probably be spending most of our time in the cabin, out on the veranda reaching, chatting, etc., and enjoying the view, so we'd want one of the suites with a giant balcony. It would be a one-way cruise from either Seattle or Vancouver, through the inside passage, terminating in Alaska, where we would go onwards on our own.

I think with about 6 people, the avg cost per person would only be a small amount more than if we booked 3 outdoor balcony cabins, and we'd have the benefit of being in the top quality cabin with premium boarding/debarking, meal choices, butler service, etc.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

residential >
* the world will be in alaska from july 24 > august 27
http://www.aboardtheworld.com/our-jo...ineraries/2009
it has 2/3BRs, definitely some with sofabeds

regular >
* norwegian pearl and star have 3BR garden villas
(pearl is newer, but looks like star has more decent itineraries)

all-inclusive >
silversea has 3 2BR categories
regent has 1 2BR category

future >
seabourn will probably return to alaska now that they have the odyssey. it has 2 2BR categories. its current schedule ends april 24 2010 in athens.

four seasons ocean residences is scheduled to launch june 1 2010, but wont hit alaska until may 24 > june 15 2011. it has 2/3/4BRs.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 14, 2008 at 9:27 am
Old Dec 14, 2008, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Those examples are nice, but a little higher-end that I was hoping for - maybe something on a nicer quality Celebrity ship, or even Holland America.

"The World" actually sounds interesting, but their website doesn't make it easy to construct trips.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 10:37 am

Go to www.cruisedeckplans.com. You don't need to join - go to the public site (I'm a member) and click on the different cruise lines and ships. They will show you cabin size, etc. Linda
Old Dec 14, 2008, 10:52 am
Suspended

Definitely check out the Celebrity Millennium Class ships - their penthouse suits i believe may sleep six - they are huge. We generally take a Celebrity Suite because it has floor to ceiling windows and great viewing particularly for AK. However it only sleeps 3 so we take an inside cabin across the hall and it is a good deal, plus we get butler service, etc. and there is a nice living room to hang out. If you take the PS make sure you are ok with being in the back of the ship.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:11 pm
cwc

RCCL Voyager Class has Royal family suite that sleep up to 8people (2bdr).

There is no 2BR on Millennium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.