Transatlantic cruises - weather?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transatlantic cruises - weather?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:04 pm

Outside weather

What is the temperature like in the Atlantic between NY and Southhampton from Nov 5-Nov 17? I know leaving NY it is cold. However I like to sit on my balcony and if it is too cold heading to Southhampton it defeats the purpose of the balcony? Thanks for any information.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Gary Bernstein
What is the temperature like in the Atlantic between NY and Southhampton from Nov 5-Nov 17? I know leaving NY it is cold. However I like to sit on my balcony and if it is too cold heading to Southhampton it defeats the purpose of the balcony? Thanks for any information.
Once sailed on QE2 in December from Southhampton to NY. It was definitely too cold to be outdoors. In fact, it snowed and all pax were advised to stay indoors. We loved the trip. However, a balcony would have been useless. We did have big windows so we could see the snow and high waves.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 2:40 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Romelle
I'm looking at a transatlantic cruise from Europe to Brazil - probably either Holland America or MSC. I know they run just when the good weather ends in one area and move to another where the good weather is just starting. I'm wondering just what sort of ride one will get across the Atlantic. In my worst nightmare, I see these huge waves sloshing across the ship's deck and glasses/dishes crashing to the floor?

Comments anyone?

The price for the trip is wonderful, and I think I can swing the two OW flights at the endpoints via miles, so it is a great deal if it makes sense.

Thank you,
Romelle
Romelle,
Did you end up doing one of these cruises? We were booked on the MSC Opera return from South America for April, 2009, but ended up cancelling and will return to Europe on the Celebrity Mercury from Miami instead. We really do enjoy Celebrity (and also had a great time on Diamond Princess - 32 days from Whittier, AK to Bangkok this past Sept./Oct.)
If you were on the MSC SA transatlantic, I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.