Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Cruising with the hordes

Holy Smokes!

http://www.travelfox.com/
Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:57 am

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
Originally Posted by weblet
Not to doubt the authenticity of this report, but I'm struggling to find any corresponding articles anywhere with information on the Brobdingnagian. I'm also unable to find anything on "Mega Crown International Cruise Lines, LLP", the "Yatzmar Shipyards", or "Svelette Minkenopolis".

Anyone have anything firm on this boat, the company responsible, the builders, etc etc?

Ok so I was duped. Just read the website's disclaimer of
All Travel Fox stories are fictional and satirical and should not in any way be construed as fact
. No wonder I couldn't find anything about it !
Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:21 pm

However, for a real mega cruise ship in the works, take a look at this:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/3640800.html

With up to 6,400 passengers (plus the crew needed to serve that many passengers) this ship will hold a population bigger than the town I grew up in!
Old Feb 10, 2006, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
I'm cruising on RCC's new Freedom of the Seas in August. At 160,000 gross tons, it will be the largest cruise ship on the seas, at least for a little while. While I'm excited about this cruise, I can't help but wonder how in the world are they going to unload all those passengers in ports or worse, when not able to dock.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Flyingmama
However, for a real mega cruise ship in the works, take a look at this:
The "story" linked to by the OP was a piece of direct, er, satire on this ...
Old Feb 11, 2006, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Reading the previous story "Allino Rent-a-car's" new limo with a fitness center that "will include a racquetball court, a lap pool, workout benches, stair-climbing machines, a sauna and a juice bar for after-workout relaxing" was enough of a giveway for me...
Old Feb 12, 2006, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by weblet
My neighbor's, bother-in-laws newphew, 1st cousin's, uncle booked a 10 Alaskian cruise on the 18 floor. He got a smokin deal thru www.dealsRus.com and paid only 699 PP. He also said they had lower level rooms for 199 PP. He said you better hurry as they are filling fast. Also, you will need to pre-book the snokel excursion as it also tends to send out fast........ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.