Reload this Page >

Bringing Alcohol Aboard Carnival Cruise

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing Alcohol Aboard Carnival Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Get the rum runners... They worked like a charm... Was able to get booze on the ship at every port. Got the smugglers option and even some extras in case I got caught. The idea to continue to "smuggle" more onbaord came once we were in port and found it much easier to almost immediately get back on ship after arriving. Think cargo shorts was the great option too!!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:13 am

We were successful with putting vodka into a screw top wine bottle. Our friends tried to put Seagram's seven in a red wine bottle and were caught. Another one of our friends just tried bringing alcohol checked in their luggage. They were also caught and that was removed. We were the only ones that were able to get through.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:37 am

There are so many techniques to choose from: Rum runners, body flasks, empty shampoo/Listerine bottles, emptying wine bottles out (that you are allowed to bring on) and refilling it with hard liquor, and the water bottle pack technique.
http://www.rockbottomcruises.com/alcohol_on_cruise.html
Has a good explanation of all these techniques, how to pack them and what happens if you get caught; aka being sent to "the naughty room" (I was sent there on my honeymoon cruise for bringing handcuffs...man was that embarrassing! lol)
Old Sep 27, 2013, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Matthewski
My family had mixed results...my brother had a bottle in his luggage, and it was confiscated for security reasons, however, I chose to wrap two presents to myself (Liquor) and put them in my luggage, they were not searched, and I saved about $1000.

You saved $1000? I need to start cruising with you!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
Not worth the hassle, you could likely put a bottle of your favorite spirit in each persons bag, they'll assume it's wine. You can bring soft drinks, I usually bring them in 2 Liters for use during the entire cruise. I have never had an issue with this. If you bring a lot of bottles of anything you run the risk of them searching your bags and getting a letter under your door to come to the bowels of the ship to sign that you tried to bring it on and they seize it until the night before your disembarkation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.