Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Luxury Cruise Lines

Luxury Cruise Lines

Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Seabourn did have self-serve coffee, too, says husband. He did most of the morning coffee runs that trip ;-) [I *love* that you suggested self-service coffee, because most people on CC say "use room service" but that never works because I don't know what time I want my coffee! Plus it's often not all that hot -husband loves but I need mine HOT]
Although Seabourn Square baristas don't start their work until about 6:30, there is self-serve coffee in the Observation Lounge earlier.

Attention Seabourn lurkers: Please put a Nespresso machine in the Observation lounge for those of us who like the strong stuff. Thank you!
FlyerEC and Hoyaheel like this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:38 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by 747FC
Although Seabourn Square baristas don't start their work until about 6:30, there is self-serve coffee in the Observation Lounge earlier.

Attention Seabourn lurkers: Please put a Nespresso machine in the Observation lounge for those of us who like the strong stuff. Thank you!
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Seabourn did have self-serve coffee, too, says husband. He did most of the morning coffee runs that trip ;-) [I *love* that you suggested self-service coffee, because most people on CC say "use room service" but that never works because I don't know what time I want my coffee! Plus it's often not all that hot -husband loves but I need mine HOT]
Originally Posted by stan1162
You can absolutely dine with as few or as many other pax as you want on O. As for coffee... One thing that we really liked on O ( I think we're again a minority here). We are very early risers. 5-5:30 am. Seabourn Sq doesn't open that early. On Oceania, there are self service coffee machines out all the time in the Terrace. Make our own if we want, and nothing is open. And we bring our own insulated, re-usable mugs.
In the minority with you , stan1162
Do not drink or smoke .. a lark ..

Liked all the butlers we had on O , efficiently helpful & friendly . Did coffee / iced latte runs on our behalf too when not up to getting them ourselves . Yes , the ice bit .. ones in our pantry did not seem to stay long as ice .

No butlers on Seabourn ..
747FC , thanks for the Nespresso request . It sure helped having one in our suite
The Seabourn Odyssey baristas were really good , particularly one who loved it and was not long at it .

Last edited by FlyerEC; Dec 9, 2019 at 6:49 am
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
747FC , thanks for the Nespresso request . It sure helped having one in our suite
The Seabourn Odyssey baristas were really good , particularly one who loved it and was not long at it .
I find it curious that coffee isn't readily available outside one's suite 24/7. Passengers typically have met the ship up to 12 time zones removed from their home and after 20+ hours of flying (especially if you live in HNL ). Our sleep cycles are seriously impaired. Usually I'm the one in the suite who is on a walkabout way before the Square is open or even the Observation bar is active. No way I'm operating a Nespresso in our suite, because the noise would awaken Ms747FC. One could call room service from anyplace and ask for them to serve you wherever you might be, but honestly, my brain doesn't think about that when I'm adjusting to serious time zone shifts.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by 747FC
I find it curious that coffee isn't readily available outside one's suite 24/7. Passengers typically have met the ship up to 12 time zones removed from their home and after 20+ hours of flying (especially if you live in HNL ). Our sleep cycles are seriously impaired. Usually I'm the one in the suite who is on a walkabout way before the Square is open or even the Observation bar is active. No way I'm operating a Nespresso in our suite, because the noise would awaken Ms747FC. One could call room service from anyplace and ask for them to serve you wherever you might be, but honestly, my brain doesn't think about that when I'm adjusting to serious time zone shifts.
Yes , it is strange but because it is luxury perhaps they expect to prepare coffee and not subject one to DIY ?? ..
Thankfully for us , our suite had double doors leading to the bedroom so the Nespresso did not bother any one else .
On Seabourn , calling them was an exercise in patience as the phone sometimes did not get picked up & / or got directed to the wrong department & so forth ..
Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Originally Posted by david55
Just curious...if Regent and Silversea are not " luxury" cruise lines.... what are some? ( I don't know ...that is why I am asking.)
The most luxury yacht will be the Ritz

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.