Wiki Posts
Search

COVID Protection Plan

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
COVID Protection Plan

Does anyone have experience purchasing COVID Protection Plan for MSC cruises. It appears that it's required for non-US cruises. Here is what it says on their website: "The proof of the insurance policy (e.g. certificate, schedule, policy summary) which must be in English, Italian, German, French or Spanish - clearly showing the COVID-19 coverage - must be presented at embarkation. Passengers failing to provide this documentation will be denied boarding."
Specifically I am wondering if travel protection provided by some premium credit cards can be presented as proof of coverage.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Well

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
Does anyone have experience purchasing COVID Protection Plan for MSC cruises. It appears that it's required for non-US cruises. Here is what it says on their website: "The proof of the insurance policy (e.g. certificate, schedule, policy summary) which must be in English, Italian, German, French or Spanish - clearly showing the COVID-19 coverage - must be presented at embarkation. Passengers failing to provide this documentation will be denied boarding."
Specifically I am wondering if travel protection provided by some premium credit cards can be presented as proof of coverage.
The first thing is, you need to check the coverage from your credit card to see if it meets MSC's requirements: "all guests to have a specific and mandatory comprehensive Covid-19 insurance policy to embark, covering any related risks, including cancellation, repatriation, quarantine, medical assistance and expenses, and hospitalization."

Bottom line, read the coverage first and see if it covers these things. Can't speak for your card, but many US travel insurers now treat Covid like any other illness in terms of coverage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.