Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Single Cabin (ES)

Old Apr 4, 2022, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD

Am considering a Celebrity cruise and my ship offers Single Cabins (category ES) with infinite veranda. cabin size says 142' versus 201' for standard infinite veranda cabins on same ship (Edge). Amenities in cabin seem to be the same--just less space. Question: Has anyone sailed in that size celebrity single cabin and was it really really (uncomfortably) small? Would appreciate impressions of anyone who has actually sailed in or been in the Single Cabin on the Edge (other celebrity ships offer single cabins which are slightly larger). Price for single is almost 50% less expensive than price for standard infinite veranda. I tend to spend a good amount of time in the cabin. thanks in advance.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:23 pm

I haven't cruised on Celebrity Edge and closest similar cabin was a single veranda onboard RCL Anthem of the Seas so no good advice. Cabin size can also be a little subjective depending on if you travel light, if you are used to a lot of space (NYC/Tokyo? Probably no issues in a cruise cabin), and itinerary would also be a consideration for me.

Have you checked YouTube cabin tours? I don't see a couch, just a vanity chair and two chairs on the infinite veranda. Regular infinite veranda cabins do have a small sofa. Anthem's solo balcony also doesn't have a sofa and a backless stool at vanity but does have a small cabinet near the balcony which was an extra flat surface (useful for storage). If the discount was good & itinerary < 1 week, I could McGyver a footstool from a packed shopping tote and spare pillows/towels but I'm generally ok with smaller oceanview/veranda cabins when solo as long as there's decent storage & a good bathroom. Inflatable and camp foot stools also exist.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by freecia
VERY helpful video. Thank you.
gretchendz and freecia like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.