Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

HAL 128-Day Grand World Voyage 2022 - will it sail?

Old Jul 29, 2021, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key

Hello: Does anybody know if Zaandam will sail in 2022?
On Holland America web site, I receive a bit confusing information - the first portion (to Tokyo) appears as "INACTIVE" cruise (Leaving Ft. Lauderdale on January 3, 2022 as a 55-Day cruise...), but when searching by DESTIONATIONS-GRAND VOYAGES, the 128-Day comes up as bookable.
So maybe it means that this cruise is now sold only as the whole?
The whole itinerary for 2023 is, again, inactive.
Perhaps somebody here knows more about this sailing?
Thank you.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Here is a blog link 2022 World Cruise Opens for Booking Today - Holland America Blog

here is a phone number 877-932-4259

Many longer cruises have been cancelled or "on hold" wait and see.

Sorry, 4 star with HAL, but no insider info
Old Aug 1, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Nobody knows anything about this sailing. That would include the people that have already booked it and the president of HAL.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by prgboy
Hello: Does anybody know if Zaandam will sail in 2022?
On Holland America web site, I receive a bit confusing information - the first portion (to Tokyo) appears as "INACTIVE" cruise (Leaving Ft. Lauderdale on January 3, 2022 as a 55-Day cruise...), but when searching by DESTIONATIONS-GRAND VOYAGES, the 128-Day comes up as bookable.
So maybe it means that this cruise is now sold only as the whole?
The whole itinerary for 2023 is, again, inactive.
Perhaps somebody here knows more about this sailing?
Thank you.
HAL, and for that part most cruise lines with extended Grand/World cruises, first try to sell the whole package. They want to book as many complete cruises as possible. Eventually they usually start selling off segments as new bookings for the complete itinerary slow or stop. If they sold too many segments up front it becomes harder for people to book the complete trip. Personally I don’t know of a Grand//World cruise that has been 100% sold out for the whole length but have seen selected segments that were 100% booked.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key
OK, so just as a follow-up, I learnt today that this voyage is canceled... and yes, i cannot find it any more on booking web sites.
Similarly, the only trans-Atlantic crossing on Eurodam from Barcelona on October 30 is also supposed to be canceled. Gee, how long is this mess going to continue...? (Of course, it is a rhetorical question.)
gretchendz likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.