Search

TR New Orleans, then 22 day Mississippi river cruise

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2020, 1:23 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
TR New Orleans, then 22 day Mississippi river cruise

I'm late in posting this cruise, but it may be the type of cruise that will be safer, sooner? For we in the USA, it would seem to be possible to at least get off if necessary...and get treatment.

New Orleans, plus 22 day cruise on Mississippi

The pictures are now available. See my post 9/13 below

Last edited by ranles; Sep 13, 2020 at 3:48 pm Reason: Picture notice
Old Aug 10, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Good luck and enjoy. I'd say have fun, but these are not my idea of fun.

Funny, because I spent some time researching this company and their schedules yesterday. Many of their trips are wait list only for 2020. I've watched their boats on the Columbia and from the distance looks great. Then, I see the passengers in port and am happy to have spent the day driving and choosing my own room and board for about $800 less per day. Cheap wine and ordinary food is what they offer and the majority of passengers love it. I'd be miserable for a week.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 5:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ranles
it may be the type of cruise that will be safer, sooner?
With the U.S. mainland being the epicentre of the virus for the foreseeable future, the safest cruises will be those that go nowhere near the U.S. mainland.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 11:14 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Sorry, I believe I said, safer, sooner? for US residents. It is not just the incremental risk of getting the virus, but also being treated if you do.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 5:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by ranles
Sorry, I believe I said, safer, sooner? for US residents. It is not just the incremental risk of getting the virus, but also being treated if you do.
Cramming yourself into a small cruise ship of any type with complete strangers to be let off along the way to visit some of the highest COVID infected regions in America hardly sounds like an "incremental risk." But if you don't care about being infected your point about having easily accessible medical care is valid providing there is space and an available ventilator.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 3:46 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

The pictures are now available. They are posted on Snapfish. For a link to them, please send me a private message with your email, and your preference for one or all of the 3 groups. Each takes a bit over 30 minutes to view in slideshow. They include:1. New Orleans (four days), La to Memphis, Tn – New Orleans, La; Nottoway, La; St. Francisville, La; Natches, Ms; Vicksburg, Ms; Greenville, Ms and Memphis, Tn.

2. Memphis, Tn; New Madrid, Mo; Hickman, Ky (Union City, Tn); Paducah, Ky; Cape Girardeau, Mo; Chester, Illinois. and Alton, Illinois

3.Alton, Illinois; Hannibal, Mo; Bettendorf, Davenport (Iowa), Rock Island (Illinois); a River day; La Crosse, Wi and Red Wing, Mn. (from there went by bus to Minneapolis and St. Paul and then flew home)

The pictures include extensive photos from the running of the bulls in New Orleans, museums, historic homes, Discovery park, the American Duchess paddle wheel we were on, botanic gardens, Pottery museum, RR museum, several churches, Popeye's hometown, and the rock and soul museum.

Happy viewing...a supplement to the write up on Trip Reports
Old Sep 20, 2020, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
ranles....enjoyed reading your review. Would you do riverboat again in USA? Once is enough for you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.