Dubai Hosts 13 Stranded Cruise Ships

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2020, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/coronavir...s-39000-people"A total of 29,000 cruise passengers and 10,000 crew members, stranded on-board 13 cruise ships, could fly home to their home countries, thanks to the quick action taken by Dubai Port authorities.

Dubai's Mina Rashid, a leading cruise destination in the Middle East, is playing host to these 13 stranded cruise liners, many of which were rejected entry into other ports across the region.

Furthermore, all patients and crew were tested for Covid-19 before leaving for their home countries, Mohammed Abdul Aziz Al Mannai, CEO - P&O Marinas and executive director, Mina Rashid, told Khaleej Times. All ships are presently berthed in Mina Rashid with a skeleton crew, and their status is being monitored by the port authorities, said Al Mannai."
A total of 29,000 cruise passengers and 10,000 crew members, stranded on-board 13 cruise ships, could fly home to their home countries, thanks to the quick action taken by Dubai Port authorities.

Dubai's Mina Rashid, a leading cruise destination in the Middle East, is playing host to these 13 stranded cruise liners, many of which were rejected entry into other ports across the region.

Furthermore, all patients and crew were tested for Covid-19 before leaving for their home countries, Mohammed Abdul Aziz Al Mannai, CEO - P&O Marinas and executive director, Mina Rashid, told Khaleej Times. All ships are presently berthed in Mina Rashid with a skeleton crew, and their status is being monitored by the port authorities, said Al Mannai.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
That's pretty awesome!
Old Apr 22, 2020, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
That's pretty awesome!
I totally agree 💯 I was in Dubai for 3 months this winter and took 3 cruises and left in February. And two of those ships are ones that were rescued. The crew had it really bad trying to get home as most flights were cancelled. Many got to go home but of course many didn't.

I actually talked to the management of the Dubai port a few times while I was there. They have a top notch operation going on. I'll be back next year when Dubai's World Expo is scheduled to open, since it was cancelled this year.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Here's the corresponding video:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.