Reload this Page >

Cruise Stoppages Due to COVID-19 novel Coronavirus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serpens
The advent of COVID-19 global pandemic disease caused by the novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 is causing a number of cruise ship operators to suspend operations for a period of time. Expect possible extensions of these outage periods, depending on the growth and impact if the pandemic. Check with each line on how they’re handling cancellations, changes, refunds and compensation. Some companies continue to operate for now; many are adding health, temperature and secondary health screening.

Aida: through March 31, 2020

Carnival Cruise Line: ships based in North America canceled through June 26 but all Alaska sailings canceled through July 1, 2020 and all 2020 sailings from San Francisco canceled; Carnival Radiance canceled through November 1, 2020; Carnival Legend canceled through October 30, 2020; Carnival Sunrise canceled through October 19, 2020.
Celebrity Cruises: March 14, 2020 to May 11, 2020, Alaska through June 30
Costa: March 13 to April 3, 2020 - Italy sailings
Cunard: (as of April 24) "operational pause" through July 31; Alaska sailings canceled until September 08
Disney Cruise Line: March 14 to March 31, 2020
Fred. Olsen through May 23, 2020
Globus Tours: March 12 to April 30, 2020
Norwegian March 13 - April 11, 2020
Oceania March 13 - April 11, 2020
Princess Cruises: March 12 to May 10, 2020
Regent Seven Seas: March 13 - April 11, 2020
Royal Caribbean: March 13 thru May 11, 2020
Seabourn: March 14 for 30 days
Tauck Tours and Cruises: 16 March to April 14, 2020
Viking Ocean Cruises: March 12 to June 30, 2020
Viking River Cruises: March 12 to June 30, 2020
Virgin Voyages: Scarlet Lady inaugural postponed to August 2020
Windstar Cruises: March 14 to April 30, 2020

Feel free to add policies, changes, discussion below. Signed in members with 90 posts and 90 days’ tenure can edit this Wikipost.

Larger cruise lines: Countries not allowing cruise ships:
Australia (from foreign ports, next 30 days from from 15 March)
Canada until July 1st (Ships with 500 people or more)
Northern Canada (including the Arctic and Northwest Passage) 2020 season cancelled
New Zealand - through 30 June
Singapore
Spain 13-26 March except for disembarkation only until 15 March. All passengers ships from Italy banned during this period

Is your cruise company financially solvent? As of 3/9/20, the following cruise lines are on the Covered Supplier list of Allianz Global Assistance travel insurance:

 Alaskan Dream Cruises  All Discovery Cruising  AMA Waterways  American Cruise Lines  American Queen Steamboat  Azamara Cruises  Blount Small Ship Adventures  Carnival Cruise Lines  Celebrity Cruises  Crystal Cruises  Cunard Line  Disney Cruise Line  Holland America Lines  Hurtigruten  Imperial River Cruises  Innersea Discoveries  MSC Cruises  Norwegian Cruise Lines  Oceania Cruises  Paul Gauguin CruisePearl Seas Cruises  Princess Cruises  Regent Seven Seas Cruises  Royal Caribbean International  Seabourn Cruise Line  Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours  Silversea Cruises, LTD  Star Clippers  Un-Cruise Adventures  Uniworld  Variety Cruises  Victory Cruise Lines  Viking River Cruises  Viking Ocean Cruises  Windstar Cruises

See Post #16 for a downloadable list of covered suppliers in the aviation, cruise and tour industries.

Print Wikipost

Cruise Stoppages Due to COVID-19 novel Coronavirus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2020, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Brighton Line
Last Princess cruise all four entrances to the buffet had a sink and soap available to use. No need to go into a bathroom, right there at the entrance. I think I was the only one to use it
On our last cruise (September on the Coral), everyone used the sinks.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Cunard cancelled all their cruises through July and totally backed out of the Alaskan season for this year. Since Cunard only had the Queen Elizabeth doing Alaska not hard to bail. I fully expect the rest of Carnival Corporation to do at least the through July cancellation and maybe at least limit the number of ships in Alaska.
Old May 29, 2020, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
The Alaska cruise season should be practically declared dead, finally. I think there may be some (very) small ships still eligible, and of course NCL can always move the Pride of America to the west coast (avoid having to call in Canada).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cru...ober-1.5589821
Old May 29, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
The Alaska cruise season should be practically declared dead, finally. I think there may be some (very) small ships still eligible, and of course NCL can always move the Pride of America to the west coast (avoid having to call in Canada).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cru...ober-1.5589821
I would say “practically declared dead” is an understatement. 😀 Of course a number of lines had already pulled the plug so if there were any sitting on “wait and see” this will push them off the fence. It is interesting to me cruise lines and cruisers are all about starting cruising again in late June or July but many are still repatriating their crews to their home countries.
Old May 29, 2020, 6:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
There goes our October cruise out of Boston. Now I have to figure out what to do with two weeks of vacation I need to use before the end of the year.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
I think cruise lines are intentionally canceling cruises in small groups.. kind of like rolling delays at airports... part of it is wait and see if travel restrictions will be lifted.. but the other part is most cancelations are done manually. There is no automated system in place because in the past they never had to invest in something to handle mass cancelations on multiple ships. In February, one of my cruise for 2021 was canceled, not because of COVID-19 but because of a scheduling conflict so they had to cancel the original sailing and create a new sailing that departed on a different day. Based on a facebook group I’m in for that sailing, it seems to take them almost a month to get everyone rebook. That was before all the COVID-19 cancelation started happening. I think they are canceling one month at a time so they can somewhat handle processing the cancelations. With that said, I think there will be more cancelations coming in the coming weeks.
Randyk47 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.