Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus: 3,700 pax & crew 14+ day quarantine @ Yokohama COVID-19 [2019-nCoV]

Coronavirus: 3,700 pax & crew 14+ day quarantine @ Yokohama COVID-19 [2019-nCoV]

Old Feb 12, 20, 1:36 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by wrp96 View Post
Westerdam is going to dock in Sihnoukville (?), Cambodia. HAL is chartering flights to Phnom Penh for everyone and arranging for flights home over several days.

In the meantime, number of confirmed cases on Diamond Princess is up to 174, including a Japanese quarantine officer.
I would be happy to be able to get off the ship but would be frustrated that I am not in the city I departed from. I wonder how many people book premium cabin class tickets only to be then given an economy class ticket for their 10+ hour flight back home.
Old Feb 12, 20, 1:45 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Looks like their has another outbreak of 39 more passengers on the Diamond Princess. This brings the infected total to 175 persons infected. I seriously think that transmission could be passing between the passengers and crew due to food service. The solution is to quarantine the staff and just hand out MRE's delivered by the military.

Link:
https://www.princess.com/news/notice...ss-update.html
Old Feb 13, 20, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by OUTraveling View Post
Looks like their has another outbreak of 39 more passengers on the Diamond Princess. This brings the infected total to 175 persons infected.
44 more today... 218 total.
Old Feb 15, 20, 11:42 am

Hi -

Does anyone have a link to Daimond Princess updates? I ve some friends on the ship.
Old Feb 15, 20, 12:54 pm
Community Director

Originally Posted by Orwaid View Post
Hi -

Does anyone have a link to Daimond Princess updates? I ve some friends on the ship.
Updates are posted here. Last one if from 2 days ago, Feb 13. The US Embassy update below is from today.

https://www.princess.com/news/notice...ss-update.html

https://jp.usembassy.gov/updates-on-...ss-quarantine/
Old Feb 15, 20, 1:02 pm

Hi -

Also, you might want to follow this thread too for additional information....
Corona Virus
Old Feb 16, 20, 5:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Hi -

If your friend is not a US citizen here is the latest information from Princes Cruises/Japanese Government.

Old Feb 16, 20, 9:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
What's worse than two weeks quarantine on a cruise ship? Two more weeks of quarantine when you get home.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/dia...tine-1.5465921
Canadians on board a cruise ship currently under quarantine in Japanese waters have been provided an escape route, after the Canadian government announced it plans to bring them home due to the "extraordinary circumstances" faced by passengers.

But the offer comes with a catch those evacuated from the Diamond Princess will have to spend another two weeks in isolation on Canadian soil to make sure that they don't carry the coronavirus that is currently spreading through Asia.
Old Feb 17, 20, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What's worse? Turning a couple thousand passengers from the Wuhan Princess loose in Japan just because they once at some point passed some test for the WuFlu.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: