Dubai Round Trip Cruise (Visa Question)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold

I'm ready to book a cruise that leaves Dubai and goes to the counties of Oman, Qatar and Bahrain.

When I fly into Dubai I'll receive a 30 day visa. The total time between my arrival date in Dubai, additional hotel stays and the return debarkation is a total of 31 days.

When I leave Dubai on the cruise, is my 30 day Visa canceled and another one issued upon my arrival back? Or would I be considered overstaying my original 30 day Visa (because the cruise could be considered a closed round-trip cruise), and I would need to request a visa extension (while on the ship via Dubai's government website) prior to the expiration date?

Anyone have any insight into this?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Are you actually getting a physical visa in your passport, or a VOA? If the latter, you will also get another one through the cruise ship when it returns.

Is your cruise offering VOA for you in Oman, etc.? If so, would not worry about this.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by 747FC
Are you actually getting a physical visa in your passport, or a VOA? If the latter, you will also get another one through the cruise ship when it returns.

Is your cruise offering VOA for you in Oman, etc.? If so, would not worry about this.
Yes, it will be VOA at DXB airport. And, yes the cruise ship is offering VOA in Oman at the docking port.

Thank you for your response!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.