Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas returned to Miami 8/6

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas returned to Miami 8/6

I'm unfamiliar with cruise sites/forums, and a friend aboard RC Navigator IMed me that the ship was returning to Miami last night. What's a good place to direct him for news regarding this (aside from just asking staff, I presume)?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Cruise Critic

check out cruisecritic.com
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Interesting. There’s no news or anything special on Cruise Critic about the Navigator right now. The Navigator does an almost unending series of 3 or 4 day cruises out of Miami to the Bahamas and RCL’s private island. The cruise ship locator website has her on her way to or at Coco Bay this morning. If the Navigator returned to Miami yesterday they would have made a quick turn around to get back to Coco Bay overnight. These short 3-4 day cruises are not particularly popular with Cruise Critic regulars so they don’t get a lot of posts.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
And nothing pops up on a google search either. Marinetraffic only goes back two days in the free version, but the track starting yesterday seems perfectly normal. Like the previous poster said, it must have been something really quick.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
It was a medical emergency. They returned to offload a passenger in need of medical assistance.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wrp96
It was a medical emergency. They returned to offload a passenger in need of medical assistance.
Ah, that's too bad! Hope the passenger is OK. I wonder why they didn't use a helipad? (I looked at some pics, and I think it has a pad.)

You all are awesome, thanks for the info!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by SightseeMC
Ah, that's too bad! Hope the passenger is OK. I wonder why they didn't use a helipad? (I looked at some pics, and I think it has a pad.)

You all are awesome, thanks for the info!
It has a helipad but there are dangers in using it and sometimes it's better/faster to do the transfer by boat.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
And if it was a critical medical emergency, they probably would've utilized the helipad.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
And if it was a critical medical emergency, they probably would've utilized the helipad.
Maybe they did. If they steamed toward Florida it would cut the distance for a helicopter to do a round trip. It would help explain how they were able to get to Coco Bay more or less on time versus having to go into Miami, dock, unload the passenger, and then depart for Coco Bay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.