Silversea Discoverer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silversea Discoverer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Silversea Discoverer

Anyone traveled on the Silversea Discoverer recently?

I've never sailed with Silversea although I understand it is a high end luxury cruise line that gets pretty high marks. What doesn't seem to get high marks is one of their smaller vessels that does more remote and exotic itineraries, the Discoverer. Most recent reviews I can find online complain of issues such as bland and repetitive food, mechanical such as non working AC or toilets, last minute itinerary changes that are not handled well. A few complained of the deteriorating levels of service- that have turned off repeat clients to the point that they claim they are unlikely to return to Silversea.

There will always be the negative reviews, but what concerns me is the lack of positive ones.

Just wondering if anyone has some experience with this vessel. Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

silversea has multiple of these ships

seabourn recently added itins (not just to Antarctica) which include zodiac excursions

some silversea / seabourn regulars use other smaller ships for expedition / zodiac, YMMV
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Discoverer is in it's final days being with Silversea. When I was last on, they only furnished ship's water to drink. Real classy, aye?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.