Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else secretly hope for rough weather?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone else secretly hope for rough weather?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Super Mario
I wish for it not because everyone is sick, but because it is possible to get an extra day or so on your cruise because of bad weather.
Or they could cancel the cruise altogether.

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Plus, with the big victim mentality of everything now, you can sometimes get money back or a discount on a future cruise.
You can also get a discount on a future cruise if you write a letter to the company praising the ship's crew during bad weather. My parents did just that about 25 years ago, when their cruise went around a hurricane in the Caribbean and had to spend some additional time at sea instead of visiting scheduled ports. They thought the cruise director and captain, in particular, did excellent work, let the cruise line know, and got a coupon for 25% off their next cruise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.