Search

Celebrity Norwegian Fjords

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Celebrity Norwegian Fjords

We booked this for September 2018 on the Silhouette. We've cruised Celebrity to the Caribbean twice (our only cruise experiences in recent years), once on the Silhouette and really enjoyed it. We've done Aqua class - we really enjoy Blu and like to avoid the formal stuff.

Anyone have any experience with this cruise on Celebrity or any other line? Any opinions on whether the fjords would be better seen on another line?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Well, I have never sailed X so can't comment on that, but did do this cruise on HAL and loved it. The fjords are gorgeous! Expect some rough seas, especially as you get further north, but it's all worth it.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
We booked this for September 2018 on the Silhouette. We've cruised Celebrity to the Caribbean twice (our only cruise experiences in recent years), once on the Silhouette and really enjoyed it. We've done Aqua class - we really enjoy Blu and like to avoid the formal stuff.

Anyone have any experience with this cruise on Celebrity or any other line? Any opinions on whether the fjords would be better seen on another line?
The Silhouette is a fine ship and Aqua/Blu makes it better. We have been on this and sister ships three times, and enjoyed them each. However, the ship has about 2900 passengers, which while fine on board, will make for some challenges visiting small ports. The three times we have been to Norway, we have been on smaller vessels.

It comes down to economy and timing: Can you find a smaller ship that fits your budget and time frame?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
This isn't your first cruise, but if you haven't already found www.CruiseCritic.com then do take a look there.

You'll find lots of info about Celebrity, and also about your own specific sailing (under "Roll Calls").

And lots more.... :-)

GC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.