Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I guess Cruise lines can BUMP you too.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

I guess Cruise lines can BUMP you too.

I was reading on the Celebrity forum on a cruise specific website that customers due to sail this week were cancelled days out from leaving for their cruise. Apparently some goof up and possible overbooked for this sailing. It seems odd that there were 3 customers on the CC Roll Call that were cancelled. It seems that some of it was resolved with down grades and switching to another cruise partner. Yikes. I guess United doesn't have the Monopoly on this game of bumping paid passengers.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:33 pm
glg

I wonder if it was related to the cancellation on the summit?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cruis...-sailings.html

Maybe they were trying to move as many to other ships as possible.

Unlikely that anyone was involuntarily bumped. Instead offered some nice perks. Cruises definitely overbook, but they don't have as much late cancellation as a flight does, so they can work out bumps in the weeks prior to departure.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

boat probably sprung a leak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.