MSC: First Status Match by Cruise Line

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2016, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MSC Cruises Voyagers Club Status Match

Voyagers Club status tiers, etc. can be read here. There is a link (top left) to STATUS MATCH.

Become an Instant Member of the MSC Voyagers Club with Status Match

We are excited to introduce our new and exclusive Status Match program dedicated to the frequent travelers like you! If you belong to a loyalty program of other travel brands, you will be able to join the MSC Voyagers Club and receive the matching status card, guaranteeing you a 5% discount on any booking PLUS similar benefit status*.
Click here for the MSC Status Match page, which stipulates:

Terms & Conditions

*MSC Cruises will only consider benefit cards from other Cruising companies, Hotels and/or Tour Operators. Airline Company benefit cards are excluded.

** Matching is carried out by comparing as much as reasonably possible the level of benefits guaranteed from the external travel program benefit card with those offered by the MSC Voyagers Club cards (Conversion will be executed by MSC Cruises based on objective criteria and may only be done once per consumer).

Guests will physically receive their membership card once on board for their first cruise with MSC Cruises. It is not possible to combine MSC Voyagers Club points with points from the benefit card data of other cruise companies. If a guest has benefit cards with multiple companies, he/she will have to choose which card to use to take part in the promotion. The MSC Voyagers Club card and membership will be subject to the terms and conditions of the MSC Voyagers Club. A copy of the MSC Voyagers Club T&Cs is available on the MSC Cruises website. MSC Cruises reserves the right to reject any Status Match Request without any legal ramifications for legitimate reasons and to stop this program at any time. MSC employees may not take part in the Status Match Program.
Click here to download a benefits listing grid for all five tiers of MSC Voyagers Club.

Email: mscvoyagersclub <at> msccruisesusa.com

Updated 5 May 2016
Print Wikipost

MSC: First Status Match by Cruise Line

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Anyone knows how long the matched status will last ?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by Artemio
Anyone knows how long the matched status will last ?
Cruise line status is generally for life. I have to assume this is too.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a call from an MSC Personal Vacation Consultant today, who says they are working on my status match, but he didn't have any details as to what level I'd be matched to.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
As stated, cruise line status is generally for life. However, MSC has a paragraph in their terms and conditions stating essentially, that if you do not sail with them for 3 years, they'll delete your membership.

I posted on my status match experience today, including the 3 year disclaimer which is something I haven't seen before. Please note that FT rules require that I notify you that the link provided is to a blog where I am a contributor.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Of course the salient point or issue for me is even if MSC matches my status with another cruise line would I want to cruise with them. From what I've read, even taking most reviews with a grain of salt, I'd say they're not what I'm looking for in a cruise.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MJonTravel
As stated, cruise line status is generally for life. However, MSC has a paragraph in their terms and conditions stating essentially, that if you do not sail with them for 3 years, they'll delete your membership.

I posted on my status match experience today, including the 3 year disclaimer which is something I haven't seen before. Please note that FT rules require that I notify you that the link provided is to a blog where I am a contributor.
I didn't see the three year thing, that's an interesting twist. I have a long range plan to give them a chance in spring or summer 2017 (sadly I have an Early Saver booking on Carnival Glory booked for Spring 2016 so it will have to wait another year) so it should work out. Prices for their highest "all-inclusive" option seem to be competitive with Carnival's Early Saver pricing with no drinks included. MSC Divina looks like a nice ship. Most of the complaints seem to stem from the fact that MSC is geared first to Italians. With their current plan to establish a presence in the US I wouldn't be surprised to see that change, but it's not something that will bother us in any event.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:32 am

Thank you for posting. I will give that a shot as well.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I submitted my Marriott lifetime platinum card as soon as this thread appeared. I got an e-mail today welcoming me to the black level of the MSC Voyagers Club. I have to admit that the research I've done doesn't make MSC seem like a cruise line my family would enjoy, but this status match thing might be just enough to make me give them a shot, if the itinerary lines up with a time we can sail. Which is their exact intent, I suppose.

The e-mail they sent said nothing about the status expiring after three years of no sailings, by the way.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 2:05 am

MSC has a several page document about its terms and conditions; clearly says that status will expire after 3 years if one does not sail.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:00 am

Thank you guys for your replies about the status longevity.

Just for information: I got denied for the match because I'm not based in one of the countries doing the promotion (F, DE, USA, ...).
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:15 am

2nd deny today.... seems only Hilton, Marriott, Ritz Carlton,Hyatt Hotels, Orbitz and Shangri -la-Golden Circle are being matched.

Here is the mail
Vielen herzlichen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Leider bieten wir derzeit unser Status Match Programm nur für folgende Hotels an.

Hilton, Marriott, Ritz Carlton,Hyatt Hotels, Orbitz und Shangri -la-Golden Circle.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
has anyone tried to match with Orbitz...I am platinum, but I can't find a membership # or card...
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For a data point, I had a personal vacation consultant call me, but have yet to hear about the status match either way.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Hmm, I'm not currently interested in sailing with them, but will keep this in the back of my mind for the future.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:12 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
I got a call from an MSC Personal Vacation Consultant today, who says they are working on my status match, but he didn't have any details as to what level I'd be matched to.
I used my Marriott LT Plat status and submitted the matching form yesterday. I received a call today and the "MSC Personal Vacation Consultant" was able to verify that I had been matched to their Black level. The Consultant didn't have the matching info themselves, but put me on hold for a few minutes and was able to contact the group that did the matching to find out my matched level.

BTW, just checked my email and I already have my email stating my Black Level status and my Voyager's club number. So that was very quickly done. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.