MSC: First Status Match by Cruise Line

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2016, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MSC Cruises Voyagers Club Status Match

Voyagers Club status tiers, etc. can be read here. There is a link (top left) to STATUS MATCH.

Become an Instant Member of the MSC Voyagers Club with Status Match

We are excited to introduce our new and exclusive Status Match program dedicated to the frequent travelers like you! If you belong to a loyalty program of other travel brands, you will be able to join the MSC Voyagers Club and receive the matching status card, guaranteeing you a 5% discount on any booking PLUS similar benefit status*.
Click here for the MSC Status Match page, which stipulates:

Terms & Conditions

*MSC Cruises will only consider benefit cards from other Cruising companies, Hotels and/or Tour Operators. Airline Company benefit cards are excluded.

** Matching is carried out by comparing as much as reasonably possible the level of benefits guaranteed from the external travel program benefit card with those offered by the MSC Voyagers Club cards (Conversion will be executed by MSC Cruises based on objective criteria and may only be done once per consumer).

Guests will physically receive their membership card once on board for their first cruise with MSC Cruises. It is not possible to combine MSC Voyagers Club points with points from the benefit card data of other cruise companies. If a guest has benefit cards with multiple companies, he/she will have to choose which card to use to take part in the promotion. The MSC Voyagers Club card and membership will be subject to the terms and conditions of the MSC Voyagers Club. A copy of the MSC Voyagers Club T&Cs is available on the MSC Cruises website. MSC Cruises reserves the right to reject any Status Match Request without any legal ramifications for legitimate reasons and to stop this program at any time. MSC employees may not take part in the Status Match Program.
Click here to download a benefits listing grid for all five tiers of MSC Voyagers Club.

Email: mscvoyagersclub <at> msccruisesusa.com

Updated 5 May 2016
Print Wikipost

MSC: First Status Match by Cruise Line

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:19 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
AFAIK, there is nothing "published" for exactly what hotel program elite levels match to which MSC level. I'd suggest reading through this thread and then make your decision. At then you can base your decision on what level some of us have been matched to with our various hotel elite levels.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Carnival Platinum is matched to MSC Gold. Carnival Gold matches to MSC Silver.

How are the cruises? I'm looking way in advance for one on Seaside in summer 2018.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
I booked what seems to be a great deal for a Grand Suite in summer 2018 on Seaside. We're looking forward to checking out a new line after being in a Carnival rut for years.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:27 am

Definitely give us a cruise review. We've not yet gotten around to an MSC cruise as we have to fly to FL (or further). We've been on one Carnival and a couple of RC cruises out of Galveston (drive-able).

We have an Alaska cruise on Holland coming up and would have liked to try MSC, but they don't cruise there.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:16 pm

~

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Definitely give us a cruise review. We've not yet gotten around to an MSC cruise as we have to fly to FL (or further). We've been on one Carnival and a couple of RC cruises out of Galveston (drive-able).

We have an Alaska cruise on Holland coming up and would have liked to try MSC, but they don't cruise there.
Absolutely hopeless!

We had our Princess Platinum status matched to MSC Gold.

Went on a one week Havana, Cuba to Havana Cuba cruise around the western Caribbean.

Very disorganised. We waited until midnight and our bags were still not delivered to our stateroom. We gave up and went to bed. They were delivered sometime during the morning.

A shore excursion left at 12:30PM with no lunch included. However, all of the restaurants onboard would open at 12 noon. One was expected to be at the shore excursion assembly point about 10~15 minutes before the appointed time. So I went to the front desk to ask where to have lunch. The answer was amazingly creative: Your tour leaves at 12:30PM and the restaurant opens at 12 noon, so you have 30 minutes to grab a quick bite. (So what was my issue?)

Lots of smoking areas inside the ship. In the lounge, there would a smoking and non-smoking section just like restaurants and aeroplanes in the old days. Oh, rows 1 to 10 are non smoking and rows 11 to the end are smoking as if the smoke at row 10 knows not to cross over to row 11, or 12 or 13!

We skipped Grand Cayman because the sea was too rough to tender. Well, a Carnival ship was not too far away and we could see their orange tender boats ferrying passengers back and forth the shore! No refund of the port taxes and fees.

Surprisingly stable and fast Internet! That's about the only good thing.

No, I shall not sail with MSC again and shall not recommend this cruise line to anyone.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Data point: I status matched my SPG Gold to MSC Silver.

Wanted to see if Marriott Gold would receive the same level. So I status matched my husband's Marriott Gold and he was given MSC Gold level.

Just submitted (online) my Marriott Gold to see if they'll upgrade mine once again. If not, I'm calling.

I didn't bother using my Hilton Gold status since I had read in other message boards that it equaled MSC Silver.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:18 pm

MSC matched Hilton Diamond to their Gold for both my wife and I.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:14 pm

Orbitz

Does anyone have any experience with matching to Orbitz Platinum?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by devilsadvct33
Does anyone have any experience with matching to Orbitz Platinum?
silver. Asked the phone agent.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Does anyone know if I should use my Marriott Plat Elite or Hilton Diamond to do the match? Or are they given the same level in Voyager?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:27 am

I guess the question depends on whether MSC has updated their match charts with Marriott's new elite levels. If so, then since today's Marriott Plat really matches yesterday's Marriott Gold, one would be matched to MSC Gold. So given that Hilton Diamond is their top level and Marriott Plat is 2 levels below the top level (below Plat Premier and Plat Premier with Ambassador), I'd suggest going with the Hilton Diamond. But the is just guessing on my part as I haven't seen or heard of recent matches.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I guess the question depends on whether MSC has updated their match charts with Marriott's new elite levels. If so, then since today's Marriott Plat really matches yesterday's Marriott Gold, one would be matched to MSC Gold. So given that Hilton Diamond is their top level and Marriott Plat is 2 levels below the top level (below Plat Premier and Plat Premier with Ambassador), I'd suggest going with the Hilton Diamond. But the is just guessing on my part as I haven't seen or heard of recent matches.
Thanks. I've gone with SPG Plat (MSC's online form isn't updated for the new tiers) in the hope it yields something higher.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:32 am

If you have LT Status with Marriott (or Starwood pre-merger), I'd show that to them as well. I matched my LT Marriott Plat status (when they first started the matching) and received MSC's top level Black status. I think others with a normal Marriott Plat may have received one level below Black.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:19 am

Thanks. They matched me to Black.

I sent it as SPG Plat, not Marriott.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:07 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Was on with customer service because I just sent in my status match last night. I wanted to know if they heard of Marriott Titanium. They have not and on January 18 they changed matching and What was Platinum Premier only goes to Gold, same as SPG Platinum. Regular Marriott Platinum goes to silver.

Hopefully she is wrong but she looked it up while I was on phone.

I did not get any type of automatic reply when I sent in request and she not see my my name, She did say it could take a day or two until it shows up on their side.

Last edited by thepla; Feb 14, 2019 at 9:08 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.