Best site(s) for last-minute cruises?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond

Is there a good site where you can find last-minute cruise deals, literally for people who don't mind booking just days before the ship departs?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I did a simple search on 'last minute cruise deals' and got a long list of possibilities.

From my personal experience, I've had good luck with www.vacationstogo.com, but I also check the cruise line web sites as they can have special deals not offered elsewhere.

Romelle
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:28 pm

I also used www.vacationstogo.com couple of times and i'm happy with their services.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
As this is FlyerTalk, you can also look on American Airlines Cruises and United Airlines Cruises as they also have last minute cruises, plus you can earn airline miles.
http://aa.cruises.com/

http://cruises.united.com/
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Not necessary "the" best site for finding last-minute cruises - but, we use this site to track historical changes in cruise pricing for all specific cabin categories, etc. No advertising or registration required - once you come up with a short list, the hard work begin but these days, there aren't much price differences on what a good online TA will be charging - more of a question of whether they can still get you some extra/bonus OBC & perks.
www.cruisefish.net
And, if you own stocks in some of these lines - the shareholder perks or benefits can come in handy as for say, CCL - it's another extra $100 OBC to spend on the ship, it usually is taken care of in a day or two, well before that last minute sailing while you are still busy packing & finalizing plans.
Old May 4, 2015, 8:30 pm

This site keeps a special section for Last Minute Cruise Deals: http://www.cruisedeals.com/last-minute-cruise-deals/

Also, Like their Facebook page where specials are posted.
Old May 7, 2015, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Romelle
I did a simple search on 'last minute cruise deals' and got a long list of possibilities.

From my personal experience, I've had good luck with www.vacationstogo.com, but I also check the cruise line web sites as they can have special deals not offered elsewhere.

Romelle
I do the same. Vacationstogo.com seems very comprehensive and includes tomorrow's sailings. Can't get much more last minute than that.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I'm testing this one out now. Looking at a cruise (might be a back-to-back or piecing two together to make a round trip) with the first leg sailing in 3 days.

The cruise line's website has the best price for now over the above-mentioned sites. Might be something to do with local currency (historically, the line has offered a better conversion rate than actual market) and I haven't got VPN or using a proxy to see what pricing it is offering in USD.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
This is only a hunch, but based on my experience and some of the comments above, if you have a particular favorite cruise line, your best bet may be to check its website frequently.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Another endorsement for vacationstogo.com. We got what we think was a very good deal on an Azamara cruise through them. Good customer service, too.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:21 pm

Last minute cruisedeals.com

Cruisedeals.com maintains a page for last minute deals:

http://www.cruisedeals.com/last-minute-cruise-deals/

I book marked it as Favorite.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:41 pm

Location: Belfast, N.Ireland. I'm also username WEEBOBBY (350+ posts), depending on whether I log in through Facebook or email.
Programs: Various - IHG Royal Ambassador, Starwood, DavidO fanclub etc
there are millions of websites selling cruises
all the ones mentioned above plus I found LMTclub , Orbitz , Expedia , Priceline etc . You really have to search them all. Also CruiseCompte , CruiseCheap etc

I just booked a Miami cruise on NCL Getaway last week for the end of this month

Royal Caribbean was very expensive for me based in UK. Was being asked $1600+ per person

Ended up that NCL.co.uk was under $900 each including all food and drink in a balcony cabin. Strangely it was about $1200 for Americans booking on NCL.com

Ended up booking with Viva Voyage in the end as they were cheaper again and had availability open on all cabins ( NCL restrict the number of cabins on show , I asume to make cruise look more booked up )
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by robertadams12345
Ended up that NCL.co.uk was under $900 each including all food and drink in a balcony cabin. Strangely it was about $1200 for Americans booking on NCL.com

Maybe they're hoping to make up the difference selling you airfare.

I know where I'm looking before I book my next NCL cruise. ^
Old Jun 5, 2015, 8:02 am

Location: Belfast, N.Ireland. I'm also username WEEBOBBY (350+ posts), depending on whether I log in through Facebook or email.
Programs: Various - IHG Royal Ambassador, Starwood, DavidO fanclub etc
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Maybe they're hoping to make up the difference selling you airfare.

I know where I'm looking before I book my next NCL cruise. ^
Nope.

I bought my cruise through Viva Voyage

bought my insurance online in UK

bought my flights directly from United.com ( Belfast to Fort Lauderdale )
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
This is only a hunch, but based on my experience and some of the comments above, if you have a particular favorite cruise line, your best bet may be to check its website frequently.
This can work well, especially if you are in or near the city where the cruise starts.

Last fall we randomly found a great deal on a 7-day cruise from SAN (our "home port") to Mexico (rt), booked 10 days out, directly with HAL. We not only got a great price, but we got a few great upgrade offers. We accepted the first and were happy with it but the second would have made a wonderfully romantic 7-day getaway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.