Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Which airport for cruise from Rome

Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN

What is the best airport to fly into for a cruise from Civitavecchia?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:52 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Most folks fly into FCO, but I guess if you can get a great deal elsewhere that makes transferring to Civ worth doing, then there might be an alternative.

Did you have another airport in mind?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:10 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The closest is FCO, which is about an hour away under good conditions.

I am not sure there are ever good traffic conditions, so leave plenty of time if you are flying in or out the same day.

This thread helps on getting from the airport tot he ship, though it's a few years old so confirm any information you use from it

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/italy...ship-port.html

Last edited by cordelli; Apr 18, 2012 at 8:17 am
Old Apr 30, 2012, 7:09 pm

There's no direct connection between FCO and Civitavecchia (except by car), expect to pay 75-100€ for a transfer for 2. However FCO-Roma and Roma-Civitavecchia are easy by train. Likewise PSA-Civitavecchia is also pretty easy by train; although a little further/

So the real answer is, do you plan on going straight from the plane to the ship (which is never a good idea in the 1st place).

I'll end this with the fact we're flying into NAP for an upcoming cruise (couldn't get a reward seat into FCO), and NAP is only an 1h10m by train into Roma as well.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We've used Filippo Biasini for transfers to / from Rome Da Vinci Airport / FCO and Civitavecchia, downtown, etc. [email protected], +39 333 7413375, http://www.rome-tours.org. Very reliable, can do tours (and has many privileges with is livery license to use special lanes and parking, etc.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.