Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Cruises
Reload this Page >

RCCL Pay $5000 w/ CC Gift Cards?

Old Feb 21, 12, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum

Family wants to take a cruise next year. I know Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be redeemed for RCCL gift cards. I think Amex MR , Citi ThankYou points and maybe some others offer gift cards for points or miles.
Do any Airlines offer cruise gift cards?
Can Gift Cards from different sources combine , or stack to pay for the whole cruise?
Have any of you done this?

I know it may not be the best use of points, but sometime the best use is the one that brings the family together.
Old Feb 22, 12, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
I confirmed that Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be redeemed for RCCL Gift Cards.

Does anyone know if other points programs offer this redemtion?

I wonder if this should have been begun in " Mile Buzz"?
Old Feb 26, 12, 4:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
Originally Posted by beachmiles View Post
Family wants to take a cruise next year. I know Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be redeemed for RCCL gift cards. I think Amex MR , Citi ThankYou points and maybe some others offer gift cards for points or miles.
Do any Airlines offer cruise gift cards?
Can Gift Cards from different sources combine , or stack to pay for the whole cruise?
Have any of you done this?

I know it may not be the best use of points, but sometime the best use is the one that brings the family together.
Just used Aeroplan points to redeem for booking a cruise with Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®. See here:
http://www.expediacruiseshipcenters....lan_redeem.htm

https://www2.aeroplan.com/mrch/trave...SCGFT0500.html

https://www2.aeroplan.com/mrch/trave...SCGFT0100.html

It is not the best redemption value but a cruise is where the family wanted to go and was the right value for us right now.

Unlike flights, you can redeem for GC from multiple and different Aeroplan account.

It says that Cruise certificate(s) may be used anytime after initial deposit up to a value of the entire cruise purchase.
The Aeroplan website states that a maximum of 8 gift certificates may be redeemed at a time.
Old Mar 31, 12, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
Ultimate Rewards also has a 6X per $1 promotion going on for booking through an UR agent on the phone. I wonder if this affects any service on the ship though (special requests for dining tables, etc)?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: