Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Cruise line in Mediterranean

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
Celebrity Cruise line in Mediterranean

Going on cruise of Mediterranean on Celebrity in May and looking for feedback on the experience, ports, etc. Leaving from Barcelona on the Solstice.

Thanks,
Jimbo
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:39 am

Did this in June, this year.

We did this route this June. Had a great time. Do you have any specific questions about the ship or the ports?

We do our own port excursions, using public transportation (buses, trains) whenever possible, so I can help with that.

You will get LOTS more help/suggestions on the Celebrity boards on Cruise Critic. Also, there are boards dedicated to all the Ports as well...

But, I can try and help..

J.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:10 pm

Just did Solstice in August

Originally Posted by jwhite4304
Going on cruise of Mediterranean on Celebrity in May and looking for feedback on the experience, ports, etc. Leaving from Barcelona on the Solstice.
Thanks,
Jimbo
Here's my review on it
http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=89213

Would especially suggest you try Murano and Tuscan Grill onboard, both were outstanding. I have no doubt you'll have a great time
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold
I just came back from a cruise on their higher-priced sister line (Azamara) more sure than ever that Celebrity is a great product.

Don't know how familiar you are with cruising, but my advice is always to arrive a day early and buy cruise insurance. Check out CruiseCritics if you haven't done it. And specific to Celebrity - check out their drink packages and their speciality restaurant packages. Also - having just returned from a European cruise the one thing I would do differently is to spend significant time researching each port and lining up private tour guides where doing it yourself might not get you the full port experience. Unless there is a compelling reason, avoid ship's excursions. And watch your cruise price often (weekly) for price reductions - either get the difference in cash or an upgrade to your cabin. The chance that your cruise price could go down this far out is significant, but they won't tell you - you have to watch for it.

Have a great time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.