Search

Cruise deal thru cruisecompete.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Cruise deal thru cruisecompete.com

Found a deal while getting qoutes from
http://www.cruisecompete.com/
where you get multiple online cruise agencies to bid and compete for your business.

Itinerary:-
Ft Lauderdale
Half Moon Cay
Sea Day
San Juan
St Thomas USVI
Sea Day
Turks and Caicos
Ft Lauderdale

$1320 plus $150 on board credit for 2 adults/2 children in an inside cabin on Holland America Eurodam departing Nov 27,2010.

The 3rd/4th passenger are free on this particular sailing. This is rare on a cruise line like Holland America to offer FREE 3rd/4th passengers. This is a cruiseline that is not a party boat like RCL and Carnival. If you are looking for a upscale relaxed cruise experience, than Holland America is for you and your family.

The Eurodam is only a year or so old. Never see these deals on newer cruises ships on any line.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
I use cruise compete every time I cruise.

The only caveat is to do a quick search on the agency you pick, to make sure they're legit.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:05 am

Yes please make sure they're legit and not going out of business. A while back a big internet travel agent went out of business leaving many people hanging out to dry as their cruises hadn't been paid.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by cotomom
Yes please make sure they're legit and not going out of business. A while back a big internet travel agent went out of business leaving many people hanging out to dry as their cruises hadn't been paid.
The key is to check within 24 hours after you book, to make sure the cruise line has a record of your booking. Get the booking number IMMEDIATELY when you book, so you can do this. Also, check that the charge to your credit card comes directly from the cruise line and not from the agency.

If you have a booking with the cruise line, and the payment has gone straight to the cruise line, then it doesn't even matter if the agency goes out of business in the meantime. They'll just assign you a new travel agency or bring your booking in-house.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.