FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/978593-how-good-travelocity-credit-card-originally-mastercard-now-amex.html)

BC300 Jul 13, 2015 10:23 am

Issues with redeeming points?

Is anyone having issues trying to redeem Travelocity reward points for a statement credit? I can get to the point where I try to redeem 20,000 Points for a $400 credit but then get an error message saying that something had gone wrong and to call the 800 number.

I am hoping this is not a long term issue and selfishly, I always try to avoid calling the customer support # because it is always difficult getting anything accomplished.

budblab Jul 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by BC300 (Post 25110186)
Is anyone having issues trying to redeem Travelocity reward points for a statement credit? I can get to the point where I try to redeem 20,000 Points for a $400 credit but then get an error message saying that something had gone wrong and to call the 800 number.

I am hoping this is not a long term issue and selfishly, I always try to avoid calling the customer support # because it is always difficult getting anything accomplished.

I'm getting the same error message today.

paramount Jul 15, 2015 10:04 pm

uh,,, oh. the end is near...

budblab Jul 16, 2015 5:21 am

Originally Posted by budblab (Post 25111884)
I'm getting the same error message today.

Success! It works on the phone app, but not on the website. This is a long-standing IT problem reported on the internet.

BC300 Jul 17, 2015 9:14 am

Originally Posted by budblab (Post 25125072)
Success! It works on the phone app, but not on the website. This is a long-standing IT problem reported on the internet.

Thanks for the tip. I just redeemed some miles; however am very nervous as I have not yet received the rewards redemption confirmation e-mail I am use to seeing.

Budblab--Can you confirm when you see your rewards credit hit your statement??

g50 Jul 18, 2015 10:36 am

I don't think the phone app is working either. The points did not come out of my account even though it said the transaction was successful. I just called the number on the back of the card and they manually transferred a couple of my old ones. The points are now out of my account.

nvtech Jul 18, 2015 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by budblab (Post 25125072)

None of my redemption requests are working over the website. If I call the customer service its working.

budblab Jul 18, 2015 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by g50 (Post 25136384)
I don't think the phone app is working either. The points did not come out of my account even though it said the transaction was successful. I just called the number on the back of the card and they manually transferred a couple of my old ones. The points are now out of my account.

Thanks for that info. I got a success message on my phone at the time I thought I redeemed the points, but upon logging into my acct today it appears that no transaction took place.

switchyj Jul 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Anyone managed to do it online today?

g50 Jul 21, 2015 10:43 am

I received my credits today from calling them in. Still not able to do more online though.

rwstrickler Jul 22, 2015 6:16 am

I'm getting itchy with all this talk! I've got 10,700 points. I'm trying to get it up to 20,000 ASAP. I'm hoping that the card will hold up for a few months longer.

Has anybody heard anything from Barclays as far as the card's future is concerned? I'm overseas so I haven't been getting any mail if something was sent.

budblab Jul 23, 2015 5:29 am

After many unsuccessful attempts over the past week to redeem points online, via phone app, and call center requests, I was finally able to do it online yesterday. Received the credit today.
Secure message to Barclays was a waste of time--they responded that I needed to call Travelocity.:rolleyes:

g50 Jul 23, 2015 8:59 am

Thanks. Online is worked for me today too.

Schutzee Oct 26, 2015 9:30 am

I receive a mailing today from Barclaycard that the Travelocity Amex is being replaced with the Arrival World Master Card in April 2016. I'll probably cancel now as there is no bonus in a conversion :D

bocastephen Oct 26, 2015 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Schutzee (Post 25617524)
I receive a mailing today from Barclaycard that the Travelocity Amex is being replaced with the Arrival World Master Card in April 2016. I'll probably cancel now as there is no bonus in a conversion :D

So this means no more 4% redemption option? I am not sure how the Arrivals card can be "massaged" for optimum use.