Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Since the switch, has anyone tried to redeem travelocity points for theme park or show tickets? In the past this was not possible, and the verbage seems to explicitly exclude them. I'm just curious if the software allows this to be done now.

(Thinking of a trip to Disney. I have Hilton points to cover lodging. Using points to pay for park tickets would be huge )
Old May 18, 2014, 6:28 pm

I've just had this card for a couple months, but I did purchase vouchers for airport shuttle and a tour a month ago. Even though the vouchers were for separate companies, they posted as a single purchase. The amount totaled $275 and it offered to let me redeem 19,000 points against it. I hope this means that for other trips or at home I can redeem against theme park tickets and other things on the activity page.
Old May 18, 2014, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Peridot83
I've just had this card for a couple months, but I did purchase vouchers for airport shuttle and a tour a month ago. Even though the vouchers were for separate companies, they posted as a single purchase. The amount totaled $275 and it offered to let me redeem 19,000 points against it. I hope this means that for other trips or at home I can redeem against theme park tickets and other things on the activity page.
Good to hear those worked. I am tempted to try a dummy cruise booking far enough out that I can cancel for no fee, just to see if they are redeemable. My understanding from talking to travelocity is cruises outside of 76 days or so are fully refundable unless there is some wording for special fare which says they aren't refundable. Hard to tell from the site what is refundable or not, so I would probably call in first with the Cruise ID and see what agent says.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Peridot83
So, I take it these charges still came through as being from Travelocity. I did the cruise trial and it just posted tonight as from "NCL RES MIAMI USD" and it doesn't show up as a travel redemption option. So it looks like cruises are still out of luck, unfortunately.

The redemption page does say, "Qualifying purchases typically take 4 days to post and be available for redemption.", so I will check back and see if they become available, but I doubt it.

CSR also said a couple of days ago that Cruises aren't available for redemption at this time, but they are working on it, or something to that affect. I asked how long she has been hearing that they are coming down the road and I believe she said 3 years, lol, as I suspected. I thought I would give it a try anyway to see if the new system lets it go through, because the CSR didn't even seem to be aware there was a new system for redemption.
Old May 30, 2014, 11:02 pm

I have a quick question.

Are the points used for statement credits just Rewards Boost points? AKA When you use this card through the Rewards Boost portal or earn points from the Arrival card, can they be redeemed towards a Travelocity statement credit? Or are those two independent point banks.

Just curious before I jump on this card. Thanks!
Old May 30, 2014, 11:43 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by dfinkel91
I have a quick question.

Are the points used for statement credits just Rewards Boost points? AKA When you use this card through the Rewards Boost portal or earn points from the Arrival card, can they be redeemed towards a Travelocity statement credit? Or are those two independent point banks.

Just curious before I jump on this card. Thanks!
i believe the arrival points are separate from teh travelocity points. If there was a way to combine them then this card would be ~4% everywhere

They have stopped offering the annual fee version. I think the no AF version is still quite good. Arrival is a good alternative if you can manufacture a lot of spend to justify the AF.
Old May 31, 2014, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
i believe the arrival points are separate from teh travelocity points. If there was a way to combine them then this card would be ~4% everywhere

They have stopped offering the annual fee version. I think the no AF version is still quite good. Arrival is a good alternative if you can manufacture a lot of spend to justify the AF.
But would shopping though the RB portal with this card add those points to your Travelocity balance, effectively doubling their value?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:34 pm

But would shopping though the RB portal with this card add those points to your Travelocity balance, effectively doubling their value?
^
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:51 pm

I have only used RB on the travelocity card. They were added to the travelelocity points balance. For obvious reasons I've never used the RB on arrival card.

What would be awesome is if you could convert arrival miles to travelocity points
Old Jun 6, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: United, AA, Avianca
Can you credit 20K points for ($400 credit) towards a combination of travelocity transactions? For ex. My hotel costs $310 and my car rental costs $103, can I apply 20K points and get $400 off or is it per transaction?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by fulthrust7
Can you credit 20K points for ($400 credit) towards a combination of travelocity transactions? For ex. My hotel costs $310 and my car rental costs $103, can I apply 20K points and get $400 off or is it per transaction?
I don't think this can be done but if there was a way to do this, it would be awesome.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: United, AA, Avianca
Has anyone had recent redemptions? What is the situation w getting multiple airline tix--are they still showing up as individual transactions? What about $450 puchase---can one use 25K points, does it give that option?

Has anyone asked Barclay to combine travelocity transactions or provide a manual credit w points if purchases post separately?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by fulthrust7
Has anyone had recent redemptions? What is the situation w getting multiple airline tix--are they still showing up as individual transactions? What about $450 puchase---can one use 25K points, does it give that option?

Has anyone asked Barclay to combine travelocity transactions or provide a manual credit w points if purchases post separately?
I booked a 3 nights in a hotel on 3/26/14 for ~$470, was only able to redeem 20,000 for $400.00 credit.

I would not want to waste 5000 on $50 anyway.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 1:12 pm

Is the 4X for AMEX GCs gone from rewards boost? I can't seem to find it anymore.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 7:34 pm

Yes. I'm very sad about it. Thankfully I bought enough to cover current transactions. But I had a lot of plans for that pot of gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.