Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL
A thought...

Originally Posted by czarinalex
I have been trying unsuccessfully for almost a month to get credit for airline tickets where points were not redeemed where they should have been.
I have emailed about 6 or 7 times. I have called at least 2 times.
This is the response I get each time with little variation:
---------------
Thank you for contacting us regarding your Travelocity Rewards American Express Card. We can certainly address the rewards on your account.

We understand your concerns and apologize if you have received anything less than superior service from us. We strive for excellence and appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with this feedback. We will ensure that your comments are forwarded to the appropriate department.

Our recrods indicate that a Case was created regarding your rewards. Your Case ID is Case *****. Please allow 7 - 10 days, a maximum of 30 days, for us to make all applicable adjustments on your account. We do understand the frustration of waiting for this issue to be resolved; however, we need to ask for your continued patience while we are working for the resolution.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
It seems like other people have gotten their credit in a week or less.
Any ideas?
My suggestion: Call them back and ask them for an update on your case number. When they tell you to wait 30 days or provide a canned answer, request that an ACCOUNT MANAGER call you back within 24-48 hours. You should receive a call from someone (most likely American) who has much more power/responsibility and can usually give you a direct answer on when your credit will post or why it is taking so long.

Keep us all up to date on if you finally have some luck!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:37 pm

Twitter gets fast responses: This is from @BarclayCard "Hi. Sorry to hear this. If you need any help with your account, please contact [email protected]. Thanks. ^BM"
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:57 pm

Paramount--excellent find on Barclays' twitter feed.

Have you tried writing their uk support email address? I wonder if they will be able to ACTUALLY assist with U.S. Based Credit Card accounts, especially affinity based like Travelocity.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 8:34 pm

My original tweet to them explained how travelocity and Barclay should check this thread out.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by BC300
My suggestion: Call them back and ask them for an update on your case number. When they tell you to wait 30 days or provide a canned answer, request that an ACCOUNT MANAGER call you back within 24-48 hours. You should receive a call from someone (most likely American) who has much more power/responsibility and can usually give you a direct answer on when your credit will post or why it is taking so long.

Keep us all up to date on if you finally have some luck!
I did this... twice. The response I posted above was in response to my email as follows:
------------
- You acknowledged there was a problem with redeeming points for airline tickets.
- My points redemption did not work for airline tickets and the tickets were charged to my account instead.
- I have repeatedly requested that this situation be resolved.
- You have requested that I call you. I did. Nothing happened.
- On March 20, you said you would call me within 48 business hours. You did not. It's now 7 days later.
- I don't want you to call me. I really don't want to have to contact you again.
- I want you to either credit my account or tell me why you are not crediting my account.
- I don't want you to apologize to me for not receiving superior service from you.
- All I want is for you to live up to the agreement of this credit card. I earn points... I get to redeem those points for air travel booked on Travelocity. It's really quite simple.
-----------------------------

I'm at my wits end with these people. I'm leaving on Sunday for the trip I booked... I'll be gone for a week and I have no faith that the credit will show up in that time frame.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:02 am
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by AUDirt
I think you are describing the annual fee version of this card. If I recall correctly, that card gives you 10% back on travelocity.com purchases, 4% back on a select category (ex: restaurants), or 2% on everything else.

Note the emphasis. The card gives 10% only on purchases made through travelocity.com. If you use delta.com to purchase your ticket, you'll earn points at 1pt/$. Buying the same ticket through travelocity is how you earn the 10%. This also applies to booking hotels or vacation packages.

(Food for thought on hotels: hotel purchases made through travelocity will not earn hotel points, and the hotel will likely ignore whatever status you may have with them. On the other hand, a Travelocity point is worth more than a Hilton point or a Marriott point.)

The card paramount was describing is no longer offered, but they left it turned on for those of us who opened it before they rescinded the offer. That card earned 2pts/$ on all purchases, 4pts/$ on travelocity purchases. I earn an astonishing amount of rewards under that system.
I wonder how many versions of this card there are/have been?

I've had mine for a little over a year now and I have an AF but I only get 3pts/$1 spent on travelocity and 1pt/$1 everywhere else. Also I got the $25 statement credit on first use, and 1pt/$1 for initial BTs (first 30 days only, up to $5K).

I don't think I get any kind of discount or kickback on travelocity.com - at least, the tab that says "Rewards" doesn't say anything about it.. hm
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by GGE
I wonder how many versions of this card there are/have been?

I've had mine for a little over a year now and I have an AF but I only get 3pts/$1 spent on travelocity and 1pt/$1 everywhere else. Also I got the $25 statement credit on first use, and 1pt/$1 for initial BTs (first 30 days only, up to $5K).

I don't think I get any kind of discount or kickback on travelocity.com - at least, the tab that says "Rewards" doesn't say anything about it.. hm
That card you have does not have an annual fee. The other current card is 5 pts/travelocity, 2pts in gas groceries restaurants, 1 pt all other purchases with $39 dollar annual fee.

The old card is 2 pts on everything and 4 pts on travelocity purchases for a $69 dollar annual fee or the no fee card of 2 pts on travelocity and 1 on everything else.

Those are the only iterations of the card.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by paramount
That card you have does not have an annual fee. The other current card is 5 pts/travelocity, 2pts in gas groceries restaurants, 1 pt all other purchases with $39 dollar annual fee.

The old card is 2 pts on everything and 4 pts on travelocity purchases for a $69 dollar annual fee or the no fee card of 2 pts on travelocity and 1 on everything else.

Those are the only iterations of the card.
Actually, there was an earlier version of this card. I know because I had it.

It featured:
* 3pts/$ on Travelocity.com purchased packages (airfare + car/hotel)
* 2pts/$ on other Travelocity.com purchases (airfare by itself)
* 1pt on everything else
* ~$40 annual fee

Redemptions were exactly the same as they are now.

I got that card, then dumped it when I saw the 2pts/$ card offered a few months later.

Even with all the redemption headaches, this card has still been the greatest CC I've ever had. I will weep bitter tears when they change it (and I know that day is coming eventually).
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AUDirt
Actually, there was an earlier version of this card. I know because I had it.

It featured:
* 3pts/$ on Travelocity.com purchased packages (airfare + car/hotel)
* 2pts/$ on other Travelocity.com purchases (airfare by itself)
* 1pt on everything else
* ~$40 annual fee

Redemptions were exactly the same as they are now.

I got that card, then dumped it when I saw the 2pts/$ card offered a few months later.

Even with all the redemption headaches, this card has still been the greatest CC I've ever had. I will weep bitter tears when they change it (and I know that day is coming eventually).
I agree. It has been the best card so far, even with the cust svc problems, and that is saying a lot. It's amazing the bloggers never got behind this one.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:40 pm

RewardsBoost Question

First, much to Barclay's delight, I'm starting to get the hang of the RewardsBoost site. The bonus points can be slow to show up, but they do eventually appear.

I wanted to point out to everyone that if you're a fan of Marriott or Holiday Inn you can actually book your hotel room using RewardsBoost instead of Travelocity. This will do two things (I think):
  1. Provide (almost) the same number of points as if you booked through Travelocity.
  2. Allow you to earn Marriott or PriorityClub points at the same time.

As everyone knows, if you book a room through Travelocity, hotels will not honor your status and you won't collect hotel points. But, by booking with RewardsBoost, you should keep your status and earn points because you book through the hotel website. And, depending on the flavor of the card you have, you should earn the same number of Travelocity points**.

** For me, this means 2pts for every dollar spent, plus 2pts/$ bonus for using RewardsBoost for a total of 4pts/$.

Of course, this isn't perfect. I don't know that this strategy will work for every flavor of Marriott as only Courtyard is listed on the site. If you look carefully at bonus points for "Marriott Rewards" you'll notice the points are earned on gift card purchases, so I can't swear that this strategy will pay off. There doesn't appear to be any tie-in with Hilton. Ditto SPG and Hyatt. But the Holiday Inn bonus points appear to be ordinary bonus points, just complete the stay.

Just trying to share my daily epiphany.

(Sorry if this has already been posted.)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:05 pm

Trouble Accessing RewardsBoost

Speaking of RewardsBoost--is anyone else having trouble accessing the RewardsBoost portal off the main mytravelocityrewards.com page?

I have been trying for over two days to access the portal and it simply brings me to an 'error page' where it lists all the Barclays credit cards and suggests logging back into your main credit card account which does no good.

Here is the URL error I am getting: https://travel.barclaycardrewardsboo...x?rc=loginfail

Is anyone else having these access issues or is it just me? I have already called their Technical support department and they have assured me it will be fixed and assigned a 'case number' to it. I am not hopeful.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:08 pm

Speaking of RewardsBoost--is anyone else having trouble accessing the RewardsBoost portal off the main mytravelocityrewards.com page?

I have been trying for over two days to access the portal and it simply brings me to an 'error page' where it lists all the Barclays credit cards and suggests logging back into your main credit card account which does no good.

Here is the URL error I am getting: https://travel.barclaycardrewardsboo...x?rc=loginfail

Is anyone else having these access issues or is it just me? I have already called their Technical support department and they have assured me it will be fixed and assigned a 'case number' to it. I am not hopeful.
I was having issues yesterday. Have not tried today. It breaks from time to time.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:30 pm

It is a large page to load. Therefore sometimes during high internet traffic times it doesn't load and gives an error.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:31 am

My continuing saga with getting credit for points redemption for airline tickets.... I finally see a point redemption and credit on my account. Except I redeemed 60,000 points for $1200. and they only credited 20K points for $400.
They are insisting that I only redeemed 20K points on the tickets. I think I did the full amount(why wouldn't I.. I had the points) but I can't be 100% positive. Maybe I had a senior moment.
My question.... when you book car rental... it redeems the points and gives you credit but you actually pay at the desk. Has anyone booked a car rental, received the credit and then cancelled the car rental. Is there a check back to your account and a reversal of the points/credit?
I need to get those points redeemed/credit for this trip if it kills me!
TIA for all your help. I don't post often(actually not at all).. but I found out about this card from this thread way back when it was started and most of time it's a great card!

Last edited by czarinalex; Mar 30, 2012 at 11:21 am Reason: fixed points.. I meant 60,000 points
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: UA*G
Originally Posted by czarinalex
My continuing saga with getting credit for points redemption for airline tickets.... I finally see a point redemption and credit on my account. Except I redeemed 80,000 points for $1200. and they only credited 20K points for $400.
They are insisting that I only redeemed 20K points on the tickets. I think I did the full amount(why wouldn't I.. I had the points) but I can't be 100% positive. Maybe I had a senior moment.
My question.... when you book car rental... it redeems the points and gives you credit but you actually pay at the desk. Has anyone booked a car rental, received the credit and then cancelled the car rental. Is there a check back to your account and a reversal of the points/credit?
I need to get those points redeemed/credit for this trip if it kills me!
TIA for all your help. I don't post often(actually not at all).. but I found out about this card from this thread way back when it was started and most of time it's a great card!

80K points should be a credit of $1600 am I missing something

and why wouldn't they just credit your account with the additional points you want to use even if you didn't redeem it in the first please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.