Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Old Nov 24, 09, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by profxfiles View Post
I've always had the palm tree one, even when I had the free card--they let me pick my design.

They did eventually fix everything (it took about a month), but at one point, when they switched my program to the one I originally wanted, they deleted all the Travelocity points I had already accumulated! Eventually they put those back as well, but it has been an experience.

If you were put in the wrong program, the best solution I found is to NEVER call the customer service number on the website or on the card. The overseas CS people are clearly locked into a very narrow script. Call 1-866-408-4064 and asked to be connected to customer care. They will connect you to CSRs based in the US that clearly have more flexibility in terms of what they can do for you.

PS:I can also confirm the amazing flexibility for this card--I just used 45k points to pay for my parents to go on a cruise for their anniversary with no hassles whatsoever. Now I just need to get my credit limit upped so I can stop making bi-weekly payments!
So you can use the points on a cruise without having to purchase airfare? I live close to several cruise ports, so this would be icing on the cake. I emailed and am still waiting for a reply other than the automated. Thanks!
JudyJfla
Old Nov 25, 09, 8:00 am
g50

Programs: DL DM MM, AA LTP, UA SILVER,Globalist, SPG/RITZ PLT, Equity Estates Fund,Ritz Club Owner
Originally Posted by profxfiles View Post
PS:I can also confirm the amazing flexibility for this card--I just used 45k points to pay for my parents to go on a cruise for their anniversary with no hassles whatsoever. Now I just need to get my credit limit upped so I can stop making bi-weekly payments!
Was the cruise around $800 to $1000 and have you received your Barkley's statement without the charge or should I say with the credit?
Old Nov 25, 09, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA View Post
So you can use the points on a cruise without having to purchase airfare? I live close to several cruise ports, so this would be icing on the cake. I emailed and am still waiting for a reply other than the automated. Thanks!
JudyJfla
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that--I purchased a cruise and airfare package. My bet is that you can use it for anything on Travelocity period. I need to make a stand-alone hotel reservation (which should be the same, functionally) next week, so I'll post here about whether or not I can use my points.
Old Nov 27, 09, 10:18 am

One last question on the cruise redemption. Did your points cover the taxes and fuel surcharge if any as well? If so this is a great deal.....

JudyJFLA
Old Dec 16, 09, 6:35 am

I received my Travelocity card yesterd. Like others, all the literature sent with the card described the benefits of the no annul fee card. I sent a secure email to Juniper and received the following response:

Dear Schutzee,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Travelocity MasterCard account. We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you; however, we can certainly address your concern.

Our records indicate that the account has an annual fee of $69.00. Please keep in mind, the annual fee keeps and maintains the account rewards program and its benefits. Information about this fee was presented in the original offer you received, and is also included in your Terms and Conditions.

With your Travelocity MasterCard , purchases will earn 4 points for every $1 spent with Travelocity and two points for every $1 spent on all other purchases . In addition, you will receive a bonus of 5,000 miles for the first use of your card. You can also earn up to additional 5,000 bonus points for balance transfers completed during the first 30 days that your account is open. If you make a balance transfer, you will earn one point for every $1 transferred, up to the maximum of 5,000.

Your monthly billing statement will provide you with a summary of points earned during that period. To verify your total balance of Travelocity, please visit the Travelocity web site at www.travelocity.com, or contact a Travelocity representative at 1-888-872-8356.

We appreciate your business and look forward to servicing your financial needs. If you have any other questions, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Ryan Jay De Leon
Email Relationship Manger

I called about the balance transfer and was told there is a 3% fee. Has anyone actually done a transfer and can confirm this?
Old Dec 21, 09, 4:44 pm

I did the balance transfer at the time I applied, $5000 was $50 fee, but I earned 5000 points. They never replied to my repeated emails, but then did add the yearly fee and purchases have posted at 2 for $1. The cool thing is when a purchase shows up online, the points do too. My $2500 mint purchase had 5000 points post asap. I am pondering this card for the Bigcrumbs Amex 4.5% rebate along with the 4% travel rebate in points for a net 8.5% back. I just need a way to off alot of Amex Gift Cards.

JudyJFLA
Old Dec 26, 09, 11:02 am

Programs: TYN, Onepass
This looks like a very good rewards card. For the people that have this card, does it have any additional benefits? Things like rental car insurance, extended warranty purchase protection, travel insurance, etc? I don't see any of this mentioned on the terms and conditions page for this card.
Old Dec 26, 09, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Gold
the usual benefits of a Mastercard, here's the link for details:
https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/cc...7_World_MC.pdf
Old Dec 26, 09, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by budblab View Post
the usual benefits of a Mastercard, here's the link for details:
https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/cc...7_World_MC.pdf

Thanks for that link it was very helpful.
Old Jan 4, 10, 2:26 pm

I'm in! I hope this is a great credit card!
Old Jan 4, 10, 8:32 pm

I think you'll like it. Points post with purchase rather than with the close of the statement, so you don't have to wait to see your balance increasing. You'll have lots of flexibility when you decide you want to "cash out" your points. It's been one of my favorites.
Old Jan 4, 10, 10:47 pm

I also signed up and got approved for the annual fee World Mastercard.
Old Jan 12, 10, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
My wife just signed up and was approved for this card as well and we did the balance transfer for the bonus points.

Hopefully this card turns out to be as good as it looks. From what I've read I'm hoping we can do multiple $400 rewards for larger travel purchases that we're planning.
Old Jan 15, 10, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
My wife just signed up and was approved for this card as well and we did the balance transfer for the bonus points.

Hopefully this card turns out to be as good as it looks. From what I've read I'm hoping we can do multiple $400 rewards for larger travel purchases that we're planning.
These are the best Points for the award (if you got the annual fee card then 4% cashback for all these (more if you used travelocity at all during that spend)):
$ Points
400 20000
800 40000
1200 60000
1600 80000
2000 100000
2400 120000
2800 140000
3200 160000
3600 180000
4000 200000
4400 220000
4800 240000
5200 260000
5600 280000
6000 300000
Old Jan 15, 10, 3:03 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, DL, AA
Has anyone redeemed points for a non-flight booking i.e. just a hotel stay for the $400 credit or more?
Also does anyone know the answer to JudyJFLA's question if the credit covers taxes and fees too?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: