Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
How long does it usually take for the sign-up bonus points to post?

I'm also confused about the original offer - was it a 10K signup bonus or 5K signup and 5K balance transfer? Is it too late to do the balance transfer and get the extra 5K signup points after the card is issued?
5k sign up, 5k balance transfer.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by paramount
5k sign up, 5k balance transfer.
Thank you - how long does it take for the sign-up bonus to post? I think it's too late to do the balance transfer and the fee isn't that attractive.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:53 pm

For anyone that's considering doing the balance transfer on this - or any other Barclays card - a word of warning.

I opened the Frontier Mastercard from them a few years ago. The application said I had 30 days to do a balance transfer and receive miles. It turns out that Barclays counts the 30 days on the date your application is APPROVED - which might be several days before they open the account and send out your card. By the time I actually received the card, using Barclays math I had only 14 days to make the balance transfer. I missed the deadline by a couple of days, and they wouldn't budge. Caveat emptor.

Still, I intend to sign up for the Travelocity AmEx once it's available, if the travel benefits remain as good as they are currently on the Mastercard. It is a fairly unbeatable program. My guess is that they are switching it from a Mastercard to AmEx for 2 reasons: 1. Travelocity hawks AmEx all over their site, so it made sense to have an AmEx as their official card; 2. Barclays can charge higher fees to merchants with an AmEx than with a Mastercard (even a World Mastercard which is what all their rewards cards are) which will help to support the cost of the rewards program. All in all I think there is a good chance the program will remain similar, at least in the short term.
Old May 6, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: UA, AA
How can I register this card at Travelocity.com?
Old May 6, 2010, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by nydad
How can I register this card at Travelocity.com?
You currently cant get the card if that is what you are asking.

If you are asking how you add it to your profile, you just go to "My Account" and add it under Billing Information. Travelocity will recognize the card and add your rewards balance at the top of your my account page.
Old May 6, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
Anxiously awaiting how the New American express version of this card is going to look and how the rewards program will be...
Old May 6, 2010, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Does anyone know if we're going to lose our MCs and receive Amex cards with a new reward scheme, or will the existing MCs continue as-is with a grandfathered reward scheme?

It's going to suck if they arbitrarily cancel the MCs, because ChargeSmart does not accept Amex cards.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Based on the way other card issuers have handled similar situations I suspect that Barclay's contract with Mastercard would not permit them to force customers onto a competing network nor to cancel accounts wholesale. However, I don't think there is any restriction on Barclay's ability to alter or eliminate the rewards program associated with any card, unless it would be in their contract with Travelocity.
Old May 6, 2010, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
I think it will pretty much go as the Citi Chairman card went. New customers on the Amex product, old customers on the Mastercard. You can switch if you want to, otherwise business as usual.

Given that Amex will likely make Barclays more money (in fees), its a sensible decision on their part.
Old May 7, 2010, 12:33 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by paramount
If you are asking how you add it to your profile, you just go to "My Account" and add it under Billing Information. Travelocity will recognize the card and add your rewards balance at the top of your my account page.
Thanks. I already have this card but didn't register it at Travelocity.
Old May 8, 2010, 1:24 pm

Paying with Points?

My wife and I have had this card for quite a bit and have paid for many trips over the years via points via the Travelocity site. Now when we log in we don't see our points (we each have separate accounts with points) and no matter which we use, none give us option of paying with points. Both of our cards are linked on the My Stuff page. Customer service is utterly useless for Travelocity and no matter who I talk to no one can seem to help.

Anyone have any ideas?! Could it be related to new cards we received for new expiration dates (we have old and new cards listed on My Stuff)? Related to switching to Amex at some point?

Thanks for any help.

Mark
Old May 8, 2010, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by skivrmt
My wife and I have had this card for quite a bit and have paid for many trips over the years via points via the Travelocity site. Now when we log in we don't see our points (we each have separate accounts with points) and no matter which we use, none give us option of paying with points. Both of our cards are linked on the My Stuff page. Customer service is utterly useless for Travelocity and no matter who I talk to no one can seem to help.

Anyone have any ideas?! Could it be related to new cards we received for new expiration dates (we have old and new cards listed on My Stuff)? Related to switching to Amex at some point?

Thanks for any help.

Mark
I would suggest just listing the new card and see if that works.
Old May 8, 2010, 9:29 pm

I no longer see my points when I log in to Travelocity, and I have not made any changes to my cc info. My points still appear when I log in to Barclay Bank. I hope this is a temporary glitch, not a sign of big changes.
Old May 9, 2010, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Schutzee
I no longer see my points when I log in to Travelocity, and I have not made any changes to my cc info. My points still appear when I log in to Barclay Bank. I hope this is a temporary glitch, not a sign of big changes.
Actually, I don't see my points in My Account anymore either.
Old May 9, 2010, 8:34 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
If you are an existing Travelocity Rewards MasterCard cardmember you will also have the opportunity to move to the new program! And don't worry, all of your Travelocity Rewards points will move with you. You will receive a notice in the mail with the details about the upgrade and your options by June 1.

http://www.mytravelocitycard.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.