Wachovia (un)Possibilities

Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Wachovia (un)Possibilities

I currently have about 2.5mm points banked in my Wachovia Possibilities account. I know it is a stupid place to earn, but I find myself in a situation where that is the only choice for that particular spend.

That said, does anyone know what the word is on what Wells Fargo plans to do with the WP program? The points have a horrible valuation as it is and I'd sure hate for Wells Fargo to stick the balances in an even worse program. The other side of the coin would be Wells Fargo moving WP to a better program with better redemptions.

I'm unsure whether I should cash in my points now or just wait and would appreciate any insight.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: DL GM, Mar Slv, HH Gld
Wachovia is still doing direct mail marketing for their branded card products, so I would guess that intergration into the existing WFB product set is quite a ways off. Otherwise, they would likely start marketing just the WFB cards.

In any event, you should have advance notice of the change / sunset of a program, and should have time to redeem quickly under the current scheme, or wait to redeem under the new scheme.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.