US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:49 pm

Anybody had success with RTR and Frontier?

EDIT: I tried it and it works

Last edited by bfwolf; Jun 30, 2018 at 12:15 pm Reason: new information
Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:13 pm

Any ideas for a quick way to cash out 40K points at 1.5cpp? I tried using Hotels.com to order/cancel after a mobile redemption, but I never received a text.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Oh geez.... check out this BS mailed response I received about my issue with real-time rewards (bolding mine)...

Thank you for contacting Cardmember Service. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance to you. We received your inquiry regarding Real-Time Rewards. Real-Time Rewards text messages are available only for transactions with U.S. merchants. The LAM.CO.MZ, MANGO AIR, and SINGAPORE transactions are not from U.S merchants; therefore, no text messages were sent. Additionally, when there are two or more consecutive purchases, you are only able to redeem against the most recent text message that was received. You may view the Real-Time Rewards program rules and F AQ at rtr.myrewardsaccess.com. As always, we are pleased to serve you, and appreciate your business. Ifyou have ftirtĄr questions,please visit us online at www.usbankcom, or contact our 24-Hqur Cardmember Service department at 877"-918-7446 (we accept relay calls). .
Sincerely,
XXXXXX

1) British Airways and Emirates are in the list of examples for airlines on their website, so US merchants only is a lie. "United, America, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country"
2) If two or more consecutive purchases cannot be handled, that's not my problem. It's a problem with your programming. As they specify, the FAQ does mention that they cannot handle this for some reason, but that means they need to manually apply a redemption when someone complains about it.

This real-time reward program is a disaster... I'm pretty much done trying to do redemptions this way if possible

Guess who is calling to talk to a supervisor yet again about all of this...

Last edited by glocklt4; Jul 2, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4
This real-time reward program is a disaster... I'm pretty much done trying to do redemptions this way if possible

Guess who is calling to talk to a supervisor yet again about all of this...
US Bank's customer "service" is a disaster. Good luck with the supervisor.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
US Bank's customer "service" is a disaster. Good luck with the supervisor.
It was horrible when I called. I had multiple people argue with me that Real-Time rewards do NOT get redeemed at 1.5 cents per point.

"I can only redeem the points at 1cent each since these are not travel related charges."
"Ma'am, Singapore Airlines is an airline".
"You didn't book the tickets through our travel department, that's the only way you can get 1.5cents per point"
"Please look at 5/3/18, do you see the charge for $100?"
"Yes"
"Do you see the Real-Time Rewards credit for $100?"
"Yes"
"Find the redemption for 10,000 Flexpoints on my account to cover that charge"
...................................wait........... .......wait..........
"I don't see one sir"
"Do you see the redemption for 6667 points?"
"Yes"
"Ok, now let's take 6667 points and multiple times $0.015. I get $100. What do you get?"
.............wait...........wait..........wait.... ....
"Well, I get $100 too. But that's not possible. They told me ...."
"Please check with your supervisor again. Every instances of Real-time rewards that actually processed worked at 1.5cents each. That is how your program is designed"

Then supervisor comes back trying to argue with it too. Then finally asks "Sir. what do you want from us??". "I want you to fix your Real-Time rewards redemption process, and also apply a credit for a charge with the proper amount of points". "I cannot help you with that, here is the phone number to call"

She gave me the number I had just called............. ugh.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....British Airways and Emirates are in the list of examples for airlines on their website, so US merchants only is a lie....
Not if those airlines have US merchant accounts, which is likely the only thing that matters to a card issuer.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:21 pm

Well, I just found out about the change in the program as far as redeeming points for airline tix. Here's my question. I need to book tix for two of us. I'm trying to determine if I book them as one-ways if I'll get the $25 airline allowance per ticket. Also, do I need to book my and my boyfriend's one-ways separately (meaning 4 reservations) to ensure I get the $25 allowance for each of us on each leg, or can I do our outbound together and then our return together (hence 2 reservations)? I tried to call USB and they were useless. Thx.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Not if those airlines have US merchant accounts, which is likely the only thing that matters to a card issuer.
That's the only thing that I can think of. Though I bet HEAVILY that if I made a BA or Emirates purchase, it wouldn't work.

Anyone want to be a test dummy? I don't buy tickets on either often.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:32 pm

WN purchase triggered mobile 1.5x reward on 40K points.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by temporarilypoor
WN purchase triggered mobile 1.5x reward on 40K points.
Thanks, updated Wiki.

If anyone else can please share or update the Wiki with airlines that actually triggered Real-Time rewards, that'd be appreciated!
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:51 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Recently did Real Time Rewards for Delta and Sun Country. Added to the Wiki.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
That's the only thing that I can think of. Though I bet HEAVILY that if I made a BA or Emirates purchase, it wouldn't work.

Anyone want to be a test dummy? I don't buy tickets on either often.
You can buy, then cancel within 24 hours. Doesn't cost anything.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
You can buy, then cancel within 24 hours. Doesn't cost anything.
True, I may do that just in general to liquidate the points they owe me...
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Also, I had two AA charges one right after another and couldn't hit redeem fast enough. Redeem only worked against the second charge that came through.
Has anyone used Real-Time Rewards successfully when booking a pair of AA tickets? Now I'm worried that if I book for myself and my wife, it'll come in as two transactions instantly after another, and I won't be able to redeem 1 of the 2 based on the DP above.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
US Bank Bigger Crooks Than Citibank

In 2013 I burned almost all of my points by using 40K to purchase two RT to EWR. Late last year I went to use points for two RT to DCA. I wasn't sure on my dates so I waited until a few months ago and was amazed to find I lost almost 10K points the end of December and the end of March. In communications with US, they said my points had expired after five years. When I questioned their timetable on my points I was given the usual run-around you get from an insurance company. I had went to paperless statements years ago so it appears I've missed some notices that they mailed out with statements. In any event, the difficulty of finally booking my tickets last month (before losing yet more points) was anything but easy. The 20K points for any ticket $400 or less was changed in December and you now get a variable cost based upon some formula. The bank tells you to work it out with the travel vendor; the travel vendor tells you they're a third-party and you need to take up any concerns with the bank. On top of that, I had to purchase 8K miles at .03 because the cost changed after I selected my flights and was simply entering my companion's FF number. Does anyone recall getting e-mail or postal mail notices that they were changing the program? I'm also disappointed to find they don't send out any communication that points are about to expire. Every other program I've experienced possible expiration of miles or points with sends out some type of reminder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.