US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS MVP Gold, UA Gold, SPG/Mariott Gold, IHG Plat
Wanted to introduce myself and add a DP for the FlexPerks Business Card. I received multiple pre-qualified offers from US Bank over the prior year and decided to try out the card for a year (with the end goal of possibly applying for the Altitude Reserve if I liked them and once I established a 'banking relationship' with them). I had 2 new card accounts (1 business from Amex, which I don't think they can see) in the last 6 months and 3 prior INQ on TU, which they pulled. Received the annoying 'we'll decide in 7-10 days' message but thought little of it since I read beforehand that they can be picky. I did not freeze ARS or Sagestream before applying. Called them 1-2 days after and the automated system said I was denied. I reached out to the rep and they said they could not verify my business income and asked for tax returns for the last 2 years to be reviewed by their investigations dept in addition to invoices and my biz balance sheet for prior 6 months. I pointed out that i'm a sole proprietor and they said tax returns would be sufficient. I was annoyed but did not want to waste the HP, and promptly faxed in the records. I called 24 hours later and they said they received the records and are still reviewing and need a couple of days to decide. 3 days later, I still had not heard anything so I ring them up again and another rep proceeds to tell me I cleared the income review but my app was flagged by YET ANOTHER team looking at recently opened accounts and inquiries! At this point, this app has been in review for over a week and I'm really fed up with them. I have a very solid personal and biz income with no derogs - I guess all the prior pre-quals they kept sending me mean nothing with them (even though I have a TU FICO of 805 and EQ of 801). I am giving them another 24 hours but I honestly don't think this card is worth all of this!! By far the craziest and most convoluted CC app I've ever been through for what is, arguably, a second rate rewards program.

Last edited by vladml; Mar 21, 2018 at 6:00 am
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:25 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by vladml
Wanted to introduce myself and add a DP for the FlexPerks Business Card. I received multiple pre-qualified offers from US Bank over the prior year and decided to try out the card for a year (with the end goal of possibly applying for the Altitude Reserve if I liked them and once I established a 'banking relationship' with them). I had 2 new card accounts (1 business from Amex, which I don't think they can see) in the last 6 months and 3 prior INQ on TU, which they pulled. Received the annoying 'we'll decide in 7-10 days' message but thought little of it since I read beforehand that they can be picky. I did not freeze ARS or Sagestream before applying. Called them 1-2 days after and the automated system said I was denied. I reached out to the rep and they said they could not verify my business income and asked for tax returns for the last 2 years to be reviewed by their investigations dept in addition to invoices and my biz balance sheet for prior 6 months. I pointed out that i'm a sole proprietor and they said tax returns would be sufficient. I was annoyed but did not want to waste the HP, and promptly faxed in the records. I called 24 hours later and they said they received the records and are still reviewing and need a couple of days to decide. 3 days later, I still had not heard anything so I ring them up again and another rep proceeds to tell me I cleared the income review but my app was flagged by YET ANOTHER team looking at recently opened accounts and inquiries! At this point, this app has been in review for over a week and I'm really fed up with them. I have a very solid personal and biz income with no derogs - I guess all the prior pre-quals they kept sending me mean nothing with them (even though I have a TU FICO of 805 and EQ of 801). I am giving them another 24 hours but I honestly don't think this card is worth all of this!! By far the craziest and most convoluted CC app I've ever been through for what is, arguably, a second rate rewards program.
Sounds like you are preped and ready for a banco popular aviancia card next!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
I've finally used up all my flexperks points for upcoming travel in the next few months. My card anniversary is coming up and I want to cancel now. Is it OK to cancel even though I haven't actually completed the travel?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:18 am

Has anyone downgraded from Visa Signature to AmEx Select+, did the rewards account number also change along with the card account number? And were the balances maintained through the conversion?

I did a similar conversion 2 days ago and I can no longer see the FlexPerks rewards account in my US bank account (117k points in there)
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS MVP Gold, UA Gold, SPG/Mariott Gold, IHG Plat
Angry Update

Update: to add insult to injury, they FINALLY approved my application after a week and gave me all of a whole 1,000$ of SL. Now, I can go really crazy... I think this bank hates me. And the feeling so far seems to be mutual!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Update: to add insult to injury, they FINALLY approved my application after a week and gave me all of a whole 1,000$ of SL. Now, I can go really crazy... I think this bank hates me. And the feeling so far seems to be mutual!
I also applied for business card during Olympic promo, and I've got 7-10 days wait, then I've got a letter saying that I have too much credit with them, which is $56k. I also applied for Cash+ the same day, got 7-10, but was approved for $5k. Later I called recon line to ask if they can shift any CL from a different card, and they said no, and I need to cancel some of the cards to get the new one. I called my business Club Carlson card, and reduced the limit by $5k, then called back recon and asked to review. The rep verified that I lowered my CL, and sent it for review. The card was approved the same day with $5k limit. I'm way over 5/24 and have Sage Stream and ARS frozen. Two years ago I applied for personal and business Flexperks on the same day. Personal was approved, but for business they wanted to see my business account activity, so I decided to skip this card then.
On the other hand, I'm tried applying my wife 2 times for Flexperks and both time they denied based on too many cards open lately, referencing ARS, which is not frozen for her. I probably need to freeze both and then reapply. They also denied her to open checking account in the past. Very weird bank, but it has some good products. They are fine with me so far, so I'm not complaining.

Last edited by yugi; Apr 6, 2018 at 11:44 am
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:19 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by koctail
I've finally used up all my flexperks points for upcoming travel in the next few months. My card anniversary is coming up and I want to cancel now. Is it OK to cancel even though I haven't actually completed the travel?
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to claw back miles that have been spent and you have a valid PNR.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:48 pm

My annual fee for my US Bank Flexperks Gold Amex card just came due 4/2. I think I can cancel within 30 days and avoid the fee. Question: On 4/9 I can renew my Global Entry which this card reimburses. How quickly were people reimbursed for this? i.e. Can I charge that to my Flexperks card and get it reimbursed in time to still cancel before 5/1?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:12 pm

I think this bank hates me. And the feeling so far seems to be mutual!
I think many people feel that way about US Bank, especially if they've had to deal with their customer "service".
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:15 pm

I have two flexperks accounts each account number is related to a separate card. Can we link two credit cards to the same flexperks account? or in other words we merge the two flexperks accounts into a single one?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:04 pm

Does anyone have experience what happens if you cancel a travel booking that was made with real-time rewards and the travel provider credits back to the credit card? Does US Bank credit you back with flexperks at the same 1.5 cent ratio you paid?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by lkar
Does anyone have experience what happens if you cancel a travel booking that was made with real-time rewards and the travel provider credits back to the credit card? Does US Bank credit you back with flexperks at the same 1.5 cent ratio you paid?
Nothing happens.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
Nothing happens.
You don’t get a refund?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by lkar

You don’t get a refund?
No
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
No
That's surprising. Is it in the terms anywhere that if you use flexperks and the charge is reverse that the points are gone? Seems a bit unfair.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.