US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Julie17
Not sure it's the type of thing we want to keep on the Wiki, but I described it upthread in post #1386 . I did this again successfully last month.
Does the same work for other airlines or just AS?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by TerryK
There's at least one other airline well known for liberally permitting cancellation with no penalties and applying the funds to other travel...
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
southwest brother.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Annual fee has posted and I requested to downgrade my card, and they said they didn't have any offers at this time.

Is this normal?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by gizayabasu
Annual fee has posted and I requested to downgrade my card, and they said they didn't have any offers at this time.

Is this normal?
This seems to be the new USB norm: no ability to PC or move CL to another card. After way too many calls about my FlexPerks Gold Amex (which has a ridiculous $85 fee that I can't imagine anyone paying), the third manager offered to credit me 5k FP to cover the AF. I'm not using the card at all and have no particular reason to keep it open except that it has a much higher CL than any of my other USB cards (so it helps with overall utilization ratio).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by gizayabasu

Is this normal?
They very quickly waived the annual fee for my Amex, but it took some convincing for the Visa.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I called about my FP personal card that was up for renewal, they offered nothing, so I told them to close it. That was a couple weeks ago, and it appears that they did not actually close it, although the annual fee was reversed. Maybe the agent forgot a step. I'll eventually test it to see if it is still active.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:38 am

Thinking of getting a Flexperks Gold, already have the Flexperks Visa.

Dunno if anyone's done this, this but can you pay off the Flexperks Gold AF with points immediately after sign-up? Have some FP from the Visa that I'd rather cash out at 5k to $85 (1.7 cpp) and don't foresee myself cashing out the 20K->$400 airfare by the end of year.

Also got offered a pre-approval for Flexperks Gold for 20k after $1k spend with first year AF waived , but I'd rather go for the 30k after $2k spend with non-waived AF if I can payoff the first year's AF with FP from my Visa.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by wtg_miro
Thinking of getting a Flexperks Gold, already have the Flexperks Visa.

Dunno if anyone's done this, this but can you pay off the Flexperks Gold AF with points immediately after sign-up? Have some FP from the Visa that I'd rather cash out at 5k to $85 (1.7 cpp) and don't foresee myself cashing out the 20K->$400 airfare by the end of year.

Also got offered a pre-approval for Flexperks Gold for 20k after $1k spend with first year AF waived , but I'd rather go for the 30k after $2k spend with non-waived AF if I can payoff the first year's AF with FP from my Visa.
I paid the Gold AF my first year this way.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
promo: 4x$25 online purchases for 1,500 Flex points

Got an email for 1,500 bonus Flex points for making 4 online purchases of $25 or more by Dec 31.

"Promotion period is from October 6, 2017 through December 31, 2017. In order to receive this offer, you must use your U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® card to make at least four online purchases of at least $25 each during the promotion period to receive 1,500 FlexPoints. 1,500 FlexPoints will be applied to your account within 10-12 weeks after the end of the promotion period. This offer is not transferable. Your account must remain open, have available credit, and be current (no minimum payment past due) to qualify. This offer may not apply if your credit card has changed to a different type of card within the last 12 weeks or changes before the Bonus Reward is applied."

Doesn't seem to be any registration link... is the "not transferable" language always there? Might still only be eligible if targeted though.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:15 am

For Flexpoint travel redemption, does it enforce 7 days early booking? I need a flight next week but seems not able to book via the online travel portal...
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:05 pm

Does anyone have experience cancelling an Alaska flight booked with Flexperks? I am within the 24 hour cancellation window and I've read some conflicting answers as to what happens if I were to cancel from Alaskaair.com. I have an option to get full refund "back to original payment method", but what does that mean? Will the $$ be sent back to U.S. Bank which then converts it back into 20,000 flexperk points? Does the $$ get posted as a statement credit to my US Bank credit card? I thought the latter was in no way possible but a couple people on Reddit swear that they've received statments credits for the full refund amount.

ANYONE with experience please chime in!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by jeffersun
Recently dumped my FP for a $798 AS ticket and cancelled after a couple days. Original flight was Dec 22 2017, so more than 60 days. Went in today to redeem into "my wallet", but found that impossible. Trying to "deposit a ticket" through "my wallet" just lead me through the cancellation process again which resulted in an email with the same cancelled flight #. Phone agent was unable convert the credit into "my wallet" funds, I got the impression that this wasn't typical, and that her system was probably identical to what i was seeing. When cancelling, i get the option for full refund to original payment(my cancelled FP card), or

1- "If you exchange your ticket for a new one on or after October 24, 2017, a per person change fee of $125 USD may apply, plus any difference in fare and taxes."
2- "Save the ticket numbers you receive by email. You may use the value toward travel completed by December 22, 2018."

She was only able to change my reservation, same as I am on my side. No way to use as "my wallet" funds. If i change my flight to a cheaper flight, I get a refund option for the difference, but it's unclear where that refund goes.

Am i SOL? Has anyone done this recently?

EDIT: only point I could gain from 2 phone agents, it might be because it was a REFUNDABLE fare, as seen on alaskaair, and thus only qualifies for a full refund or reservation change. Also why a one-way flight was $799. I just saw the price and grabbed it.

yeeeyyyy
I'm getting the same thing on my cancellation screen, however I booked a non-refundable fare and I'm within the 24 hour "refundable" window so technically I think it's still in a refundable state.

I'm thinking about taking a risk and "refunding back to payment method". A couple people on reddit are saying they received statement credit on their Credit Card. This would be a yeeeeyyyy moment!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ali Taheri
Does anyone have experience cancelling an Alaska flight booked with Flexperks? I am within the 24 hour cancellation window and I've read some conflicting answers as to what happens if I were to cancel from Alaskaair.com. I have an option to get full refund "back to original payment method", but what does that mean? Will the $$ be sent back to U.S. Bank which then converts it back into 20,000 flexperk points? Does the $$ get posted as a statement credit to my US Bank credit card? I thought the latter was in no way possible but a couple people on Reddit swear that they've received statments credits for the full refund amount.

ANYONE with experience please chime in!
My understanding is that it's a nightmare trying to get credit if you choose the option to have the full refund, as it then goes back to the credit card used to purchase the ticket (which is not the same as your card).
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Are Kiva loans still earning 3x? A couple of months ago, I did not get any 2x bonus for Kiva loans and then saw a 1x bonus added to my account last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.