US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by nabeelj
I was not able to downgrade my FP Visa to a no fee product. This was last summer, despite many calls and even escalating to a supervisor. Like you, it was one of my oldest cards.
When I upgraded my no fee Flexperks AmEx to the fee based Flexperks Visa in January, I asked if one could downgrade back to the no fee card in the future, if I decided the Visa was not meeting my needs. The rep. said that I absolutely could downgrade back to the AmEx.

Given the conflicting information, I suppose the OP had better give USB a call.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
You can change a Southwest ticket via Southwest.com or by calling. You can apply the full value of the ticket to another itinerary. Once it's booked with flexperks points, you have full control over it.

Several times, I have found a $399.99 fare for a random route and booked it, then changed it to a trip I was actually planning to take, to keep the balance for another trip. Good way to get maximum value out of the redeemed points. Icing on the cake was that I have the Southwest companion pass and could join me on trips booked with flexperks!

can you do this with United flights?

and if you change the date/flight will you still be eligible for the $25 credit?

Last edited by bmw303; Jun 24, 2017 at 6:57 am
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by bmw303
can you do this with United flights?

and if you change the date/flight will you still be eligible for the $25 credit?
You can only do it with airlines that don't have change fees, hence basically only Southwest.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Useless custom service

I have my US Bank flex perks visa signature card opened for more than two months already yet I can't register for the free gogo wifi passes. Each time I called CS, they either bounce my call to gogo or rewards department. The only reasons I keep this account open is to wait for my sign on points and the altitude card invitation.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Is it a business card? I don't believe the business card is eligible
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:13 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Can you cancel a biz cc thru small message?

Someone gifted me some pts here a while ago, , but I cannot seem to transfer the pts to my other fleperks acct. Still under my name but associated with my biz card.
Anyone else ever have this issue? Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
So if Usbank agrees to downgrade me to the Amex flexperks, and my card number changes (b/c a visa now), will I retain the longevity of the account? I've had this one since 2005 and don't want anything to mess with that credit length.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:04 pm

Hi,

I want to cash out FP points into my SW account. What is the best FROM - TO flight that costs as close to $400 as possible? I obviously want to maximize my value.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Changes to benefits coming:

Beginning Dec. 31, it will be easier to understand redemption of FlexPoints. Each FlexPoint will be valued at at 1.5 cents when redeeming for car rentals, airline tickets, hotel rooms and travel packages. Redemptions made prior to Dec. 31 will continue to use the current tiered rate schedule.

Effective Jan. 1, 2018, all earning tiers will be removed for all FlexPerks products. There will no longer be a cap for points earned at the 1:1 rate, regardless of the amount spent. Additionally, the definition of “charitable organizations” will expand to over 1,000 entities. The accelerated earn rate for charitable organizations will be 2X on all FlexPerks product with the exception of FlexPerks Reserve, which will continue to earn at 3X.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
I posted this question in another thread as well, but anyone has experienced a shutdown of Flexperks Visa card for trying to max out 3x category bonus of 120K? I have put close to $20K in 3x spending so far this year and thinking about doing 15K a month for the remainder of this year before 3x goes to 2x. I got my credit card just 2 months ago.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:15 pm

FlexPerks Redemption Question

I've had the card for less than a year and haven't redeemed any points but with the changes coming next year I will be booking a lot of tickets. Is it possible to book Singapore Airlines premium economy with Flexpoints if I call? If Singapore Airlines isn't bookable, are other airlines' premium economy cabins bookable? Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by jmsfla2002
I've had the card for less than a year and haven't redeemed any points but with the changes coming next year I will be booking a lot of tickets. Is it possible to book Singapore Airlines premium economy with Flexpoints if I call? If Singapore Airlines isn't bookable, are other airlines' premium economy cabins bookable? Thanks!
you can book almost anything so why not.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: USBank FlexPerks
Originally Posted by jediwho
I posted this question in another thread as well, but anyone has experienced a shutdown of Flexperks Visa card for trying to max out 3x category bonus of 120K? I have put close to $20K in 3x spending so far this year and thinking about doing 15K a month for the remainder of this year before 3x goes to 2x. I got my credit card just 2 months ago.
I spent >$50k last year and so far $60k this year in the charitable 3x category, no problems with card being frozen or with redeeming points. You should be fine.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
On a broader question, how many people expect to continue using the Flexperks card for charitable contribution as frequently as this year given that rewards drop to 2x in 2018 and also will be capped at 1.5 cents per Flexperks point. To me, the SPG or the Amex Blue Plus looks more attractive starting in 2018.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jediwho
On a broader question, how many people expect to continue using the Flexperks card for charitable contribution as frequently as this year given that rewards drop to 2x in 2018 and also will be capped at 1.5 cents per Flexperks point. To me, the SPG or the Amex Blue Plus looks more attractive starting in 2018.
I will probably continue. It's a flat 3% at that point and I can't think of a card that performs that well in that category.

I'm holding SPG at 2.7% and MR at 1.4% (thus 2.8% at 2x) so neither would be higher, but someone else could easily have a plausible valuation higher than mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.