US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by bfwolf
I got the Flexperks business card with the Olympics bonus back in August and spent some of those points, but had 18K remaining. I recently got the Flexperks Amex card now have over 50K Flexperks between the 2 cards.

If I cancel the business card, will I keep the points as long as I have the Amex card open? Do I need to do anything to transfer the points from one card to the other?
Yes, you should transfer the points from one account to the other before closing the account. You can transfer 20k points per year, so you'll be OK.

https://rewards.usbank.com/home/Points
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by MisterBill
Yes, you should transfer the points from one account to the other before closing the account. You can transfer 20k points per year, so you'll be OK.

https://rewards.usbank.com/home/Points
Got it, thank you! Just transferred the points. Will wait a few days to make sure everything is processed on the back end and then cancel the business card.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
I'm trying to understand the $25 credit when flying on a flexperks reward ticket: I booked 2 r/t flights (one for wife and one for myself). Am I eligible to get reimbursed for $50 with AA or only $25?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by perkunas
I'm trying to understand the $25 credit when flying on a flexperks reward ticket: I booked 2 r/t flights (one for wife and one for myself). Am I eligible to get reimbursed for $50 with AA or only $25?
$50.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
IF you book an airline ticket using Flexperks and need to cancel or change the ticket, how do you change or cancel the ticket? What if the ticket is booked with Southwest, where there are no cancellation fees and you get Southwest credit?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by jediwho
IF you book an airline ticket using Flexperks and need to cancel or change the ticket, how do you change or cancel the ticket? What if the ticket is booked with Southwest, where there are no cancellation fees and you get Southwest credit?
You can change a Southwest ticket via Southwest.com or by calling. You can apply the full value of the ticket to another itinerary. Once it's booked with flexperks points, you have full control over it.

Several times, I have found a $399.99 fare for a random route and booked it, then changed it to a trip I was actually planning to take, to keep the balance for another trip. Good way to get maximum value out of the redeemed points. Icing on the cake was that I have the Southwest companion pass and could join me on trips booked with flexperks!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When did Flexperks Rewards start requiring a US airport for their searches? This severely limits the usefulness of the program for me. It's been years since I've booked a reward, so this could be old news.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
When did Flexperks Rewards start requiring a US airport for their searches? This severely limits the usefulness of the program for me. It's been years since I've booked a reward, so this could be old news.
If they do then it must be fairly new as just last month I booked a o/w intra-Asia flight on OZ using flexperks
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Is there a no fee flexperks card that I can downgrade too? I'm tired of paying $49/year but want to keep the card b/c one of my oldest.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Is there a no fee flexperks card that I can downgrade too? I'm tired of paying $49/year but want to keep the card b/c one of my oldest.
They have two AmEx Flexperks cards--one with a fee, and one without. You need only go to the flexperks website and three cards show up.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by TTT103
They have two AmEx Flexperks cards--one with a fee, and one without. You need only go to the flexperks website and three cards show up.
Anyone know if downgrading the card to a no annual fee card will affect redemptions in any way?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TTT103
Cards offered on a bank/cc website does not necessarily mean that you can downgrade any AF card to any of those cards. I'd certainly be interested to know if anyone has downgraded a Usbank visa to an amex.

Update: just found this, in case anyone else is wondering: http://travelwithgrant.boardingarea....rsion-options/

Further question: Do Usbank flexperks Amex cards count against regular Amex max credit cards? Or is Usbank Amex completely separate?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Further question: Do Usbank flexperks Amex cards count against regular Amex max credit cards? Or is Usbank Amex completely separate?
The limit imposed by AMEX is for *their* credit cards - cards that are issued by AMEX. These are issued by US Bank, so they do not count against that limit. The fact that they are on the payment network also called "AMEX" doesn't matter.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Electroman
The limit imposed by AMEX is for *their* credit cards - cards that are issued by AMEX. These are issued by US Bank, so they do not count against that limit. The fact that they are on the payment network also called "AMEX" doesn't matter.
Ok. Great. Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I was not able to downgrade my FP Visa to a no fee product. This was last summer, despite many calls and even escalating to a supervisor. Like you, it was one of my oldest cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.