US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rc408
20,000 is worth $400 so .02 per point. I like this better than the airlines because I would need an additional 15,000 airline miles to go to Hawaii, USVI, etc. The 20,000 is a much better deal for me.

Obviously if the ticket cost is only $200 it would be a waste, but so would throwing away 25,000 (domestic) airline miles on a $200 ticket.
For those sort of destinations, yes, assuming you can get the tickets well below $700ish.

But there are on other hand South American destinations you can get to for 50000 airline miles, yet might be quite a bit over $1000 in coach roundtrip tickets. So there it can work in reverse.

So it all depends on where you want to go (and, of course, in what cabin, because if you want business class for halfway-around-the-world destinations, all of a sudden all credit card point programs are horrible compared to real airline miles, which typically only need double for business as for coach, while in cash cost business is often 5x or 10x what coach is).
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
So it all depends on where you want to go (and, of course, in what cabin, because if you want business class for halfway-around-the-world destinations, all of a sudden all credit card point programs are horrible compared to real airline miles, which typically only need double for business as for coach, while in cash cost business is often 5x or 10x what coach is).
Agreed. I use the FlexPerks for Hawaii, USVI, Bonaire, etc and my traditional airline miles for Europe, etc. Like many things, it's all in the eye of the beholder.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:17 pm

Any advantage of applying for FelxPerks card over CapitalOne Venture? Seems venture can get straight 2% travel credit, easier to get reimbursed?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chespeak2002
Any advantage of applying for FelxPerks card over CapitalOne Venture? Seems venture can get straight 2% travel credit, easier to get reimbursed?
The only two advantages, as I see it, is the possibility of waiving the annual fee and the bonus point opportunities.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Recent discussion of Travelocity credit card transferred to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...card-amex.html
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by chespeak2002
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16029467-post302.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16158806-post204.html

And no Fx conversion charges with Cap 1

Last edited by UA Fan; Apr 5, 2011 at 12:20 pm
Old Apr 12, 2011, 8:46 am

desperate to earn 2500 flex miles quickly

Any ideas? Is there a promotion I'm not aware of? If you "refer a friend" for the 5000 points, does it actually take 6 - 8 weeks to get the points? I need the points within about 2 or 3 weeks.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:05 am

It took mine more than 2 or 3 weeks both times I refered a friend. One of them I had to follow up on and send them additional information.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by dave7250
I noticed this also. I hope they resume the 3500 FlexPerks bonus.
I got two offers (one each for biz and personal) for 3500 points with a minimum $1K BT with 1.99% APR, 3% fee and 0% APR, 4% fee for biz and personal respectively. Guess they're back
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nabeelj
The only two advantages, as I see it, is the possibility of waiving the annual fee and the bonus point opportunities.
a 3rd Pro for the Flex is they give 2x the pts on which ever of these 3 you charge the most to each statement, gas,supermkts or flights So that means a 4% return if you max it out at $400 for 20k

a couple of friends who are in the food business, use their Flex just for supermkt purchases and some private industry places are classified as Supermkt so they rack up the pts as if there was no tommorrow

For the avg Joe that wont be the case and thusly why Venture might be a better deal. With Venture its a straight 2 % with Flex its only 2% if you max outthe tkt at $400 (I think its really $399.99 before getting hit for an extra 10k)

thusly spend $20k on reg purchases with Flex you get a tkt up to $399.99 (dont know if you can get 2 say at $195) with Venture no problem getting those 2 $ $195 or getting a $75 car rental paid for cant do that with Flex

So I just used up the last of my Flex pts and once my trips are completed its bye-bye Flex, had I been able to charge large amounts and get 2x the pts I would have kept it but its simply not as good as it once was
Old Apr 17, 2011, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj
I got two offers (one each for biz and personal) for 3500 points with a minimum $1K BT with 1.99% APR, 3% fee and 0% APR, 4% fee for biz and personal respectively. Guess they're back
Thanks for the update. Nothing for me yet but I'll be watching my mailbox.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:00 am

Another advantage of Flexperks is the multi-city tool. You can always add another leg to a reservation.

For example I wanted to book AAA-BBB-AAA which was just over $400 so it would require 30,000 points. I didn't want to waste the points so instead of just booking AAA-BBB-AAA, I was able to use the multi-city function and book AAA-BBB-AAA and then AAA-CCC-AAA on the same reservation of 30,000 points because it kept the total just under $600.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by a7800
Another advantage of Flexperks is the multi-city tool. You can always add another leg to a reservation.

For example I wanted to book AAA-BBB-AAA which was just over $400 so it would require 30,000 points. I didn't want to waste the points so instead of just booking AAA-BBB-AAA, I was able to use the multi-city function and book AAA-BBB-AAA and then AAA-CCC-AAA on the same reservation of 30,000 points because it kept the total just under $600.
But I don't see how that's an advantage of Flexperks over C1 Venture. C1 Venture lets you book at any site, any way you want, and then redeem your points (that they call "miles") for already-purchased travel, in any amount (no fixed thresholds). And if you don't have quite enough points, they let you pay for airline tickets (though not other travel generally) in 1/10 steps.

So while what you describe may be a way to lessen the limitations of FlexPerks, I don't see how it's an "advantage of FlexPerks".
Old May 6, 2011, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
But I don't see how that's an advantage of Flexperks over C1 Venture. C1 Venture lets you book at any site, any way you want, and then redeem your points (that they call "miles") for already-purchased travel, in any amount (no fixed thresholds). And if you don't have quite enough points, they let you pay for airline tickets (though not other travel generally) in 1/10 steps.

So while what you describe may be a way to lessen the limitations of FlexPerks, I don't see how it's an "advantage of FlexPerks".
I'M not a venture card holder, but if I understand it correctly doesn't one mile equal a penny? The redemption that I made essentially gave me two round trips for 30,000 points. The cost of these two tickets would have been $594. Wouldn't that have cost 59,400 venture miles or am I understanding the program incorrectly?

I wasn't trying to say it was better or worse than another card, but rather inform them that this is an option.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by a7800
I'M not a venture card holder, but if I understand it correctly doesn't one mile equal a penny? The redemption that I made essentially gave me two round trips for 30,000 points. The cost of these two tickets would have been $594. Wouldn't that have cost 59,400 venture miles or am I understanding the program incorrectly?

I wasn't trying to say it was better or worse than another card, but rather inform them that this is an option.
Yes, 59,400 Venture points, which is $29700 spending.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.