US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
I don't see any reason why it shouldn't
The $25 airline allowance doesn't apply with RTR it seems: If you purchase airfare from an airline and use Real-Time Mobile Rewards to pay for the airfare, you will not be eligible to receive the $25 Airline Allowance benefit that is available with this Account; the $25 Airline Allowance is only available for travel rewards FlexPoints redemption made through the Rewards Center online or by phone.

Edit: Got a marketing letter about FlexPerks. Confirming this is in the terms that you need to book through the Rewards Center online or by phone. Ineligible with RTR.

Last edited by inkling; Jun 14, 2018 at 11:45 pm
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Would I get Real-Time Mobile rewards If I have 20,000 FlexPerks in my account (which is good for $300 travel redemption) and purchase $500 flight ticket with my US Bank card? Or the FlexPerks balance should be enough to cover the entire transaction?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
Would I get Real-Time Mobile rewards If I have 20,000 FlexPerks in my account (which is good for $300 travel redemption) and purchase $500 flight ticket with my US Bank card? Or the FlexPerks balance should be enough to cover the entire transaction?
You need to have enough Flexpoints to cover the ENTIRE purchase. They don't do partial reimbursements.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:14 pm

There was no retention offer and even product change to cash + card was not allowed .
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Realtime rewards sucks. I have made a lot of charges with various airlines and it seems to only work for domestic carriers (AA, UA are only ones to work for me so far). Their list of examples is "United, America, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country". I have made charges with South African, Mango, Singapore, LAM Mozambique and none worked. Also, I had two AA charges one right after another and couldn't hit redeem fast enough. Redeem only worked against the second charge that came through.

I keep having to call and have them manually apply, and when they do they can only do 1cent/point, and then have to do an additional adjustment to make up for it. The agents don't even understand how it works or that the points are worth 1.5cents each towards airfare.

Edit: This time when I called they refused to do any "real-time" compensation for the problems and opened tickets into all 5 of my outstanding charges that didn't work, and I'll hear in 3-4 WEEKS... ugh. They need to fix this...

Last edited by glocklt4; Jun 21, 2018 at 8:02 am
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Realtime rewards sucks. I have made a lot of charges with various airlines and it seems to only work for domestic carriers (AA, UA are only ones to work for me so far). Their list of examples is "United, America, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country". I have made charges with South African, Mango, Singapore, LAM Mozambique and none worked. Also, I had two AA charges one right after another and couldn't hit redeem fast enough. Redeem only worked against the second charge that came through.

I keep having to call and have them manually apply, and when they do they can only do 1cent/point, and then have to do an additional adjustment to make up for it. The agents don't even understand how it works or that the points are worth 1.5cents each towards airfare.

That sucks. Do you know anything about procedure for hotel stays? I'm staying at European resort not well known US brand.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I haven't tried a real-time redemption yet for hotel.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I’ve had the Flexperks card since it was Northwest airlines visa. About 13 years. I’ve depleted most of my points and am now looking to downgrade to avoid the $49 AF. Looks like the Flexperks Amex is the one I’d be downgraded to. Is that correct? I want to make sure the downgrade would not disrupt the credit history I have with the card. Seems really odd to change from a visa to an Amex.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I’ve had the Flexperks card since it was Northwest airlines visa. About 13 years. I’ve depleted most of my points and am now looking to downgrade to avoid the $49 AF. Looks like the Flexperks Amex is the one I’d be downgraded to. Is that correct? I want to make sure the downgrade would not disrupt the credit history I have with the card. Seems really odd to change from a visa to an Amex.
I have a no fee Flexperks Visa, also from NW days. Maybe they can offer that.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rrgg
I have a no fee Flexperks Visa, also from NW days. Maybe they can offer that.
oh yes. That would be ideal.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I'm getting an error with the FlexPerks rewards portal on Chrome and Firefox. Frustrating.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:34 pm

Same here. I have tried using their travel site for the last month and it keeps going round and round with no results of fare. And when I call in, they keep telling me they want to charge me $25 dollars for over the phone reservation even tho their website is not working.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:14 am

Folks:

Both doctorofcredit.com and TPG says now Flexperks visa now supports mobile redemption of travel costs.

However, the website specifically says Travel is excluded.
https://www.flexperks.com/credit/off...&ecid=DS_22818
Participating categories exclude gas stations, restaurants, and travel.

Has anybody tried mobile redemption with Flexpersks visa for travel cost? I have an Amex version of the flexperks card, but if visa can do mobile redemption, I would like to switch to the visa version.

Specifically, I am trying to charge some flight change fees to the card.

TIA
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Keflyer
Same here. I have tried using their travel site for the last month and it keeps going round and round with no results of fare. And when I call in, they keep telling me they want to charge me $25 dollars for over the phone reservation even tho their website is not working.
I got it to work a few hours ago. Whew.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:19 pm

That's great! Hopefully it will work for most people.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.