Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Schwab Invest Visa? 2% cash back on everything? [Discontinued card]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schwab Invest Visa? 2% cash back on everything? [Discontinued card]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2011, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup - assuming, as above, you mean the credit card, I just called last week to confirm again on the no forex fees.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: nada
I've had this card for a few years and it's great. I can confirm as of 6/3/2011 I still receive my 2% rebate and no forex fees. My card was damaged so I just ordered a replacement. From what I've read here, it's pretty ugly; oh well. I preferred the original navy blue card (was stolen during the Schwab days), currently have the silver/light blue (recently damaged).

I haven't had any bad experiences with FIA. I'm transferring to Canada next month so I called FIA to ask if I could continue to use my card since I will stay on US payroll. I just have to keep a US address on file which is no big deal. I plan to use this card for my everyday purchases until they implement a forex fee (if ever).

P.S. I also have a Schwab Checking Account with the Schwab Bank Debit Card. Still refunds all ATM fees (domestic and international) and no forex fee. I hope they keep this going as well.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 1:31 am

Still working for me too.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
And for me. Got my last rebate on June 3.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:52 pm

i'm sure it's pretty safe to say that once the 2% is over, this thread will blow up
Old Jun 30, 2011, 9:46 pm

The oddly random targeted extra cash back promos are back.

Visit https://easyrewards.fiacardservices.com/ to see if there is one on your card. I got 3% cash back (up to $25, but separate and in addition to the regular 2% cash back) on groceries/gas/drugstores/restaurants until 9/30.

h/t to slickdeals.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 5:57 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by themicah
The oddly random targeted extra cash back promos are back.

Visit https://easyrewards.fiacardservices.com/ to see if there is one on your card. I got 3% cash back (up to $25, but separate and in addition to the regular 2% cash back) on groceries/gas/drugstores/restaurants until 9/30.

h/t to slickdeals.
My offer was different:

... have your service providers bill your monthly recurring charges to your credit card for these eligible purchases and earn 3% cash back (up to $25) through September 30, 2011:

Cable • Satellite • Phone • Internet • Insurance

I do not currently have any recurring charges on this card (and won't be moving any for a few months extra 1%)
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a useless one. I also never receive a email from them on June 23 as they claimed.

Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled in the $25 statement credit offer. Now simply use your credit card for purchases at these types of merchants totaling $199 or more by September 30, 2011 and earn a $25 statement credit:

Golf Courses • Country Clubs • Health and Beauty Spas

We appreciate your business and invite you to continue to experience all your account has to offer.

This offer was described in a communication that was sent to you on 6/23/2011. Please refer to the communication you received from FIA Card Services for additional offer details.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by ajnaro
I do not currently have any recurring charges on this card (and won't be moving any for a few months extra 1%)
It's an extra 3%, not an extra 1% (the 3% statement credit is separate and in addition to the 2% direct deposit cash back you already receive). Still probably not worth moving recurring transactions, though.

I have one friend who got 5% cash back on everything, which seems to be the best promo. Still capped at $25, though.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
I'm really starting to feel a little concerned about these promos. I mean think about it....

It seems as though FIA is testing the waters for "rotating categories" cash back bonuses like Discover/Chase Freedom and maybe even "fixed category" to see what they will do once these old Schwab cards expire.

All though I surely hope it's not true, it could be a prelude to the eventual end of the 2% cash back and the beginning of some other devalued reward/cash back program.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by JD3030
My card was damaged so I just ordered a replacement. From what I've read here, it's pretty ugly; oh well. I preferred the original navy blue card (was stolen during the Schwab days), currently have the silver/light blue (recently damaged).
Yup, I just had to replace my card because someone unauthorized tried to use it (second time this happened to me?). Couldn't believe what I got in the mail. It looks like a bad fake, one of those self-made cards. Ugh.
A few days later I got the Chase Sapphire Preferred from the 50k promo, now that card is ......! Runners-up: The Chase Continental card. Chase really knows how to make attractive cards.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rionio77
I'm really starting to feel a little concerned about these promos. I mean think about it....

It seems as though FIA is testing the waters for "rotating categories" cash back bonuses like Discover/Chase Freedom and maybe even "fixed category" to see what they will do once these old Schwab cards expire.

All though I surely hope it's not true, it could be a prelude to the eventual end of the 2% cash back and the beginning of some other devalued reward/cash back program.
Good point! The rotating categories each quarter on the Freedom has a cap of $75 as well.

This makes the C1 Venture card a possible winner except the annual fee.

The C1 Venture card earns 2 C1 miles per $. When redeemed to offset travel related charges it is 1 penny per 1 C1 mile. Ditto for gift card redemption. Same 0% forex fee. Earning posted when the charge is posted and redemption is a jiffy done online. Statement credit shows up the next day.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by rionio77

People have been worrying about that here for well over a year, almost as long as when the Schwab card first was offered.

Not saying they won't revoke it but OTOH a lot of banks are trying to rebuild their credit card portfolio so they're putting out attractive offers to try to poach customers from rivals.

I would think the customers of this card belong to a coveted demographic so they're not in a hurry to lose these customers.

Do you still get the 2% cash back if you carry a balance instead of paying off the whole balance every month?
Old Jul 2, 2011, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Daggett76
Yup, I just had to replace my card because someone unauthorized tried to use it (second time this happened to me?).
I and a couple of other card holders I know received letters out of the blue stating our cards were "lost or stolen" followed by replacement cards. None of us were missing our old cards.

Originally Posted by Daggett76
Couldn't believe what I got in the mail. It looks like a bad fake, one of those self-made cards. Ugh.
While it's thin, plain, boring, and perhaps even ugly, as long as they continue with the 2% cash back ...
Old Jul 3, 2011, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Do you still get the 2% cash back if you carry a balance instead of paying off the whole balance every month?
I can't see why not, but could that possibly be a good deal?

If you aren't paying it off, skip ANY rewards and go for the lowest rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.