Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Schwab Invest Visa? 2% cash back on everything? [Discontinued card]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schwab Invest Visa? 2% cash back on everything? [Discontinued card]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by rove312
I got an offer, requiring registration, of $25 cash back for $199 in travel purchases by March 31. It was in a PRSRT STD mailing from a P.O. Box in Wilmington, DE.
And I just got an e-mail offer (registration required) for 3% cash back (up to $25) for groceries, gas, drugstores and restaurants. I love these BOA $25 bribes to use their card.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by themicah
And I just got an e-mail offer (registration required) for 3% cash back (up to $25) for groceries, gas, drugstores and restaurants. I love these BOA $25 bribes to use their card.
I got an email offer for 5% (up to $25). Same categories: gas station, grocery store, drug store and restaurant purchases through March 31, 2012.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by txrose86
I got an email offer for 5% (up to $25). Same categories: gas station, grocery store, drug store and restaurant purchases through March 31, 2012.
I got the same offer.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:41 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
I got a slightly different offer. 3% (up to $25) for qualifying travel purchases (airfare, hotels, travel agencies, car rentals, cruise).
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:08 am

Redacted

Last edited by aringpingpong; Jan 12, 2012 at 9:48 am
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:40 am
SST

I called them to let them know I would be travelling in the Caribbean. The rep told me there is a 3% fee on all charges. I questioned this and was told no, the Schwab deal is over. Forget it, I told them, and my cards are sitting in a drawer. When I get good and ready, I'll ask again. Meanwhile, CapOne is my card for int'l travel.

Bumble for Schwab; daggers for BofA; miss my brokerage deposits; buh-bye.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by SST
I called them to let them know I would be travelling in the Caribbean. The rep told me there is a 3% fee on all charges. I questioned this and was told no, the Schwab deal is over. Forget it, I told them, and my cards are sitting in a drawer. When I get good and ready, I'll ask again. Meanwhile, CapOne is my card for int'l travel.

Bumble for Schwab; daggers for BofA; miss my brokerage deposits; buh-bye.
To the best of my knowledge, they have not sent out any new disclosures listing the foreign transaction fee...I don't think it can be put into effect without notice. Of course, I never believe anything I'm told by a CSR, they just have a book in front of them with the script they're supposed to use to answer various questions.

So, as of this moment at least, it would be my guess the no foreign transaction fee on the late Schwab cards is still in effect until such time as I am notified it is not in writing.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
So, as of this moment at least, it would be my guess the no foreign transaction fee on the late Schwab cards is still in effect until such time as I am notified it is not in writing.
This is correct. I've read through the whole card agreement and there is no mention of a foreign transaction fee. I also have a monthly recurring charge that is billed overseas on my card and haven't been charged an FTF. The CSRs don't know what they're talking about.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:45 pm

I just received a second copy of the card. Same card number, expiration date, name, and CID. Haven't called to ask why yet. Never asked for my card to be expedited, and I had activated the first card I got. I think I might have never used the first card, though.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by kchen
I just received a second copy of the card. Same card number, expiration date, name, and CID. Haven't called to ask why yet. Never asked for my card to be expedited, and I had activated the first card I got. I think I might have never used the first card, though.
Same here. They remain confused beyond belief. The cards I got in November are good through 8/2014. I activated and used them. Now they sent me new cards, same number, same expiration, same CVV. Go figure.

Most unusual is that I have me as an additional authorized user on my own account. Therefore, I always get two cards under my name. (I had it set up this way since the Schwab days, and that carried over.) Well, now I have 4 identical cards under my name. Gotta make sure I keep track of all of them.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:29 pm

Just called and I was told that everyone got a second card due to a glitch, and that both cards will work. I forgot to check FatWallet before calling, but a post there notes that the new card says Visa Signature (while the old one does not) and has a different 800 number than the old one.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:49 pm

Just called and I was told that everyone got a second card due to a glitch, and that both cards will work. I forgot to check FatWallet before calling, but a post there notes that the new card says Visa Signature (while the old one does not) and has a different 800 number than the old one.
Interesting. My current one doesn't say VISA Signature, so I guess I should be getting one in the mail.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:13 pm

I figured it was the Visa Signature thing. That's the only difference between my current card and the new one that arrived in the mail yesterday (the new one has the word "Signature" below the Visa logo). The original card was technically a Visa Signature account (it worked for Fandango Visa Signature discounts and all the e-mails and statements they send me said Visa Signature on them), but apparently they printed up the wrong cards.

You'd think they'd at least send a letter explaining it, though....
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:33 pm

Just got my new VISA Signature cards today. The CVV is different though. Expiration date was moved up a year.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by themicah
You'd think they'd at least send a letter explaining it, though....
That's the inexcusable part.

I also got another in the mail today, same everything except Visa Sig.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.