FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Bank of America "WorldPoints" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/816163-bank-america-worldpoints.html)

rail rookie Apr 22, 2008 10:13 pm

Bank of America "WorldPoints"

I was getting ready to cancel a CC today that I no longer use and then I saw the I have 6672 WorldPoints. Can I transfer them to AGR some how or some way? I also have Continental Airlines One Pass and Starwood. Are these points worth anything? I have never paid attention to the points on the CC because I hardly use it. Thanks!

the_traveler Apr 23, 2008 10:11 am

I'm not totally familiar with the terms of this particular credit card, but I think they are just for the use of that card.

An example that I can use for sure is the Capital One "No Hassle" Card. You get 1 "mile" for every $, but these (even though they're called "miles") can not be used outside of that program. (You can not transfer say 6,000 Miles" from Capital One to UA or CO or AGR!)

They say you can get a free ticket on any airline for 25,000 "miles", but it must cost below a certain low limit (I think something like $350 or $400 - if there is a seat that cost $550, you'll be told there are none!), you can not combine it with your other airline miles to reach the 25,000 "miles" and you can not use the "miles" to upgrade! :rolleyes: (Just try to get a first class ticket from PVD or BOS to SAN for under $350!)

It may be good for some people, but I personally do not think it is for me.

jackal Apr 23, 2008 11:41 am

I took a look at the WorldPoints website, and I didn't see any option to transfer the miles to another program.

You can redeem for some gift certificates, though.

rail rookie Apr 23, 2008 3:30 pm

BOA Worldpoints

Thanks for the info! I'm still kinda new to all of this "point" stuff. I'm going to opt for the $25 check! Thanks for your tips!

sinbad Apr 27, 2008 4:59 pm

World points

You can redeem Bank of America world points for cash. Go to thier web site and look around you will find info there. I have done this. I had some leftover World Points when the card changed over to Chase. I got a check and then use the money to pay for Amtrak tickets.

rail rookie May 1, 2008 10:01 pm

WorldPoints

Going to NYC-DC this summer aboard the CZ-LSL-#79-CL-CZ with my girlfriend and her two daughters. We are doing EVERYTHING to make this trip fun but on a budget. So I had enough points to get two $25 gift cards to Starbucks. I don't care for giving Starbucks my business, but they are everywhere so it will be some cups of coffee on WorldPoints!

ByeByeDelta May 1, 2008 11:01 pm

Since this is more about BofA WorldPoints than Guest Rewards points, I'm going to move this over to Other Credit Card Programs. Please continue discussion there!

ByeByeDelta
AGR Moderator

yogithom Nov 9, 2010 2:18 pm

Transfer WorldPoints to Aeroplan?

Trying to transfer my BofA World Points to Aeroplan....seems like I'm reading about people doing that all over the place, but BofA has no freaking idea what I'm talking about. Can someone please elucidate?

mia Nov 9, 2010 2:47 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk.

If you use Search this Forum function with the keyword Aeroplan you will find many threads. I think this is one in which the WorldPoints to Aeroplan option is discussed:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...iance-ffp.html

I think you will find that Bank of America does not offer the same redemption options with every card which participates in WorldPoints. In other words, there are many variants of the program. What is the specific card that you hold? Have you looked at the online redemption catalog to see if transfers to Aeroplan are even mentioned?

wanaflyforless Mar 5, 2011 3:52 pm

The best use of Worldpoints IMO is to transfer them Air Canada Aeroplan. That is the only FF program I know they transfer to and ratio is 1:1. :)

apollo_liumin Apr 1, 2011 5:23 pm

my worldpoints are automatically redeemed for cash, can I get them back?

I do not why it will happen

and where is the link to disable that option?

mia Apr 2, 2011 1:12 pm

Bank of America issues many cards which earn Worldpoints, and the programs are not identical. Which card do you have, and what attempt have you already made to change the redemption option?

apollo_liumin Apr 26, 2011 11:07 pm

which boa cc card can earn worldpoints?

thanks

tiffany Apr 27, 2011 1:10 am

amex accolades.:)

alelex Apr 27, 2011 3:10 pm

and for poor like me you have the amex Accelerated Rewards!

1.25wp per $, and only 1% foreign fee.

Lien vers l'amex