Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America "WorldPoints"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
I have 36k WorldPoints, it was my first CC. I would like to get most bang for my buck, which is apparently capped at 1 cent per mile / 1% cash back equivalent.

Until I saw the Aeroplan transfer option. This is not advertised anywhere and I would never have seen it. I know if I plan my redemption just right it will easily be worth more than 1 cpm.

Thanks for the link! You definitely helped me increase the value of these WorldPoints. +1.
Does anyone know how long BofA plans to keep this link/relationship alive? I thought it was long gone until I read this thread. I don't use the card anymore and am sitting on 123k points. Was going to redeem for gift certs but I didn't see anything I needed.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:47 pm
Used to be highman123

They have relaunched their interface. No option to transfer anymore. I keep calling but noone knows what 'Aeroplan' is

Seems this option is gone
Old Apr 6, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Bummer
Old Apr 6, 2012, 10:51 pm
Used to be highman123

It's still there though noone knows about it.

Thanks to the folks at Milepoint I found this link which works for me in Safari only.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; VIA Privilege
Aero Plan

The ability to transfer world points to aeroplan miles is still available with 1:1 ratio. I am able to add my aeroplan account today to my worldpoints account.

Another good transfer ratio would be to use your points to rent a car if you have the need. I rented a car in LA two months ago. I used 24000 world points to book a full size car for 5 days. This is all inclusive rate (including all taxes and surcharges). I thought i had to pay additional taxes but didn't have to pay anything.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by highman123
It's still there though noone knows about it.

Thanks to the folks at Milepoint I found this link which works for me in Safari only.
You have to go to the homepage of the WorldPoints Rewards and then click on the word “Travel” under the “Redeem Points” header. Then you will come to the travel landing page and in the column to the right will be a “Partner Travel Options” where you will find Aeroplan as the sole airline transfer option.

I have it working on Chrome since January.

I also just got a flyer about opening an Merrill Edge account to get up to 50k WorldPoints/Aeroplan miles.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:27 am
Used to be highman123

Would you be able to share the information for the 50k offer?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
You have to go to the homepage of the WorldPoints Rewards and then click on the word “Travel” under the “Redeem Points” header. Then you will come to the travel landing page and in the column to the right will be a “Partner Travel Options” where you will find Aeroplan as the sole airline transfer option.

I have it working on Chrome since January.

I also just got a flyer about opening an Merrill Edge account to get up to 50k WorldPoints/Aeroplan miles.
I still see the transfer to Aeroplan link today with Internet Explorer...in the Travel tab and under Partner Travel options as described above. Not sure why other people have problem finding it...
Old May 28, 2012, 12:24 am

For those who have transferred WorldPoints to Aeroplan, how long did the transfer take?
Old May 28, 2012, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
For those who have transferred WorldPoints to Aeroplan, how long did the transfer take?
When I have transferred it was instantaneous. You can only transfer 50K at a time, but I have been able to do multiple 50K back to back and they should post right away.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta skymiles, AmEx Merrill lynch
Combining Worldpoints with Skymiles

I have a Delta Platinum American Express card and a Merrill Lynch American Express card. I am new to Flyertalk, so am not sure how to search and am not very sophisticated about using points. Can I combine the points that I've earned in these two programs?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by ElizaE
...Merrill Lynch American Express card
I assume this card earns Worldpoints. To my knowledge Worldpoints can only be transferred to Air Canada Aeroplan and, in a roundabout fashion, to British Airways.

I have moved this thread to the Credit Card Programs forum, where there is aditional information about Worldpoints in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...rldpoints.html
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While it's not truly combining, some airlines (though I don't know specifically about Delta or Air Canada) allow one-way flight awards. If the airlines you have miles with allow that, but you don't have enough in either for a round trip award, you could then fly one direction on miles with airline A and the other direction on miles with ailrine B.

In general, it is very hard to truly combine miles/points from different programs, with the main exception being if you have hotel program points and want to move them to miles (that's usually easy). There are a few cases where you can move airline miles to hotel points, but they're rare. And there are no cases where you can move airline miles directly from one airline to another (except for the special exception of airline mergers), or from one hotel program to another hotel program.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Delta does not have one-way awards.

Air Canada does, but the miles required are 2/3 of the round-trip mileage.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I assume this card earns Worldpoints. To my knowledge Worldpoints can only be transferred to Air Canada Aeroplan and, in a roundabout fashion, to British Airways.

I have moved this thread to the Credit Card Programs forum, where there is aditional information about Worldpoints in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...rldpoints.html
I read the thread you referenced, but saw no reference to British Airways. Any further details?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.