Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Sean Bhalach
Thanks. Do you know if this is USA only or globally?
Check here: https://www.us.hsbc.com/credit-cards...cid=EMA0005065
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I just received my HSBC World Elite Mastercard (Canada). It comes with some benefits that are new to me. What is the experience with the Boingo subscription, for example. Is it worth signing up for? I recall when it was the only way to get wifi at ORD, but I think that is now opened up.
Also, what kind of set up, if any, is required to use the Mastercard loungekey program?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
....Boingo .... loungekey ...
American Express (USA) has offered Boingo subscriptions for some years. Discussion is here:

Amex Plat [USA] new benefits [6.1.2014]- TSA preCheck and Boingo WiFi

My takeaway is that the service is useful, but works best WITHOUT the Boingo app. However, software and services evolve, and you may wish to try the app, just be aware that it isn't mandatory.

There is some discussion of LoungeKey in the new Airport Lounges forum:

LoungeKey - is this something new?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:14 am

Did HSBC USA remove the ability to transfer premier mastercard points to Asia Miles? Or am I just not finding it?

Edit: Sorry just saw discussion earlier in the thread. Wow that's annoying. I had also been holding onto them waiting for next Asia Miles bonus transfer.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: CX MPO SL
I have the USA version of the HSBC premier world mastercard. Just realized that since Jan 2019, Uber credits are now limited to 20% of the ride's value. For example, if you take a $5 ride, the card will now only give a $1 ride benefit credit (I have not maxed out my $50 annual benefit allowance).

I was shocked to find this; haven't seen any communication from HSBC announcing this change, and couldn't find any info about this benefit reduction after extensive googling. Does anyone have a similar experience, or is it just me? If this was indeed sneaked in without any announcement/communication, I'd say it's pretty underhanded.... HSBC doesn't even mention it on the official product page of this card.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Zodiac
I have the USA version of the HSBC premier world mastercard. Just realized that since Jan 2019, Uber credits are now limited to 20% of the ride's value. For example, if you take a $5 ride, the card will now only give a $1 ride benefit credit (I have not maxed out my $50 annual benefit allowance).

I was shocked to find this; haven't seen any communication from HSBC announcing this change, and couldn't find any info about this benefit reduction after extensive googling. Does anyone have a similar experience, or is it just me? If this was indeed sneaked in without any announcement/communication, I'd say it's pretty underhanded.... HSBC doesn't even mention it on the official product page of this card.
They've taken our Ł20 Uber credits away entirely so you should be happy!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: CX MPO SL
Originally Posted by just_starting
They've taken our Ł20 Uber credits away entirely so you should be happy!
well no, the bigger problem is they unilaterally changed the card's terms and conditions without notifying customers. People make decisions to use the card (or not) based on what the reward rules are. For example, if I had known about this, I would have paid for my uber rides with a different card. This is basically bait-and-switch, and is completely unacceptable, at least in the US market.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:50 am
mia

....haven't seen any communication from HSBC ....
It is documented here:

https://www.us.hsbc.com/content/dam/...s_brochure.pdf

...but I do not know how to find the 2018 booklet to compare.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Does buying Uber Cash work for the HSBC credit? Uber gives you $100 for $95, and if HSBC will knock another $20 off that 2 and a bit times, that's a pretty sweet deal rather than 20% per ride.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

Agreed. Last year it was $50... paid even up to a full ride. This year, I'm getting 20% off. Only saved $8 of my $50 so far. I guess it's all the same if one rides Uber enough (i.e., if you get to the $50 it really doesn't matter). Only matters to those very infrequent riders who won't save $50 annually. Still, would've been nice to receive correspondence about the change.
Zodiac likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:57 pm
mia

HSBC (USA) 25% transfer bonus to AeroMexico to 3.15.2019

Get a 25% bonus when you transfer your HSBC Rewards Program Points to Club Premier Points now through March 15, 2019.

Transfer your HSBC Rewards Program Points to Club Premier and get that much closer to your next getaway. With Club Premier, you can travel to Mexico, the United States, Canada, Central and South America, Europe and Asia. Use your Club Premier points to book flights with Aeromexico and other SkyTeam™ airlines. You can also book hotel stays, car rentals and thousands of unique experiences.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Agreed. Last year it was $50... paid even up to a full ride. This year, I'm getting 20% off. Only saved $8 of my $50 so far. I guess it's all the same if one rides Uber enough (i.e., if you get to the $50 it really doesn't matter). Only matters to those very infrequent riders who won't save $50 annually. Still, would've been nice to receive correspondence about the change.
So interestingly this year I've received almost $60 in rebates so far YTD. I thought the benefit was capped at $50 per year. But obviously I've received more than this cap. Do I understand the benefit incorrectly? Does anyone know the proper cap (or is it limitless)? The brochure shows a $50 cap: https://www.us.hsbc.com/content/dam/...s_brochure.pdf
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:20 am
mia

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So interestingly this year I've received almost $60 in rebates so far YTD.....
Did you receive a rebate in 2019 for any trips made in 2018?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by mia
Did you receive a rebate in 2019 for any trips made in 2018?
Nope. All rebates from Feb 2019 to the present.
Old May 17, 2019, 2:37 pm

When will HSBC charge the second year annual fee (since the first year is waived)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.