Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
HSBC (USA) to BA 35% transfer bonus June 2018

Offer is valid from 6/1/18 to 6/30/18 11:59p.m. ET. Cardmembers will receive 35% bonus Avios for HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard® or HSBC Premier World Mastercard® credit card Rewards Program Points transferred to Avios during this period. Bonus Avios will be awarded with the original transaction. You must be enrolled in the British Airways Executive Club in order to participate in this offer. Visit ba.com to enroll. This hyperlink allows you to access a non-HSBC website. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. has no control over the linked website and is not liable for your use of it. Please read the Terms and Conditions, Security and Privacy Policy of the linked website, which may differ from the Terms and Conditions, Security and Privacy Policy of HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Once you have redeemed your HSBC Rewards Program Points to Avios, they become subject to the Terms and Conditions of the British Airways Executive Club and transactions cannot be reversed. All Terms and Conditions of the British Airways Executive Club apply. See British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions for details, please visit ba.com/theclubterms. British Airways plc reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the offer or modify or alter the Terms and Conditions of the offer at any time without assigning any reason whatsoever
abraxis likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by abc5
Thank you for that note. I don't travel much, isn't it common for the entry formalities to be done at the arrival airport thought, not the disembarking airport?
The usual international practice is you clear entry formalities at the first airport that has been designated as a POE.

However, because the U.S. has a thing known as preclearance, so when flights depart from a preclearance POE, all passengers must clear entry formalities at the preclearance POE instead of the first U.S. airport of arrival.

With this setting in mind, CX is the only exception.

Note - preclearance is the same concept as the new Co-location arrangement for Hong Kong Express Rail.

Originally Posted by abc5
So was your point that doing CBP at JFK in particular, is a pain? and not about a personal preference for doing CBP pre flight than post flight?
JFK CBP can be a PITA because of the high international entries. So JFK is considered a strict POE.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:52 pm

regarding the avios bonus, yes i got the offer, i just dont know if i can take advantage of the resulting avios. if you fly RT say from nyc jfk on BA airlines and land in london and you get hard fuel surcharge etc airpot tax if i remember.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The money co-payment on BA trans-atlantic flights is high, but you can redeem BAEC points for (example) domestic USA flights operated by AA and AS with tiny fees.

Your guide to spending Avios | 2018 edition
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:38 am

I just want to share that I have been trying to use the ba.com site for maybe 3 hours worth of searches different weekends during this month of june, across a PC and a mobile phone with the BA app, "error there was a problem with your request please try again later" is what i get. last evening I also saw a website/blog with a picture of the end result while trying to query BA reward flights. It has been endlessly broken. Without being able to see what's available, it may not be worthwile to take this promotion. Is anyone else having this experience. I shall check the BA thread.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:14 am

My August statement says that the Uber promotion will run out in September, and all the vouchers I still have are due to expire in November.

I was holding some airline spend in the hope that the new batch of vouchers would be valid for longer, but it sounds like they're gone for good now :-(
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by just_starting
My August statement says that the Uber promotion will run out in September, and all the vouchers I still have are due to expire in November.

I was holding some airline spend in the hope that the new batch of vouchers would be valid for longer, but it sounds like they're gone for good now :-(
this is some really bad news. I already struggle to justify paying the fee on that card considering I already pay for amex platinum with better perks (free supplementary cards, priority pass, insurance).
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by wmaciej

this is some really bad news. I already struggle to justify paying the fee on that card considering I already pay for amex platinum with better perks (free supplementary cards, priority pass, insurance).
My card is free! Maybe they're keeping it for the paid cards?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
About the travel insurance. I was caught up in the recent mess at Manila airport where the Xiamen Airlines plane skidded off the runway and the airport was closed for the better part of two days. My Philippine Airlines flight was diverted to Bangkok. I eventually arrived 38 hours after the scheduled arrival time. I had 2 nights of hotel bookings in Makati that were lost. The hotel was booked on Expedia using this HSBC Premier World Mastercard. I wonder if I can use the travel insurance on this card to reclaim this loss. I didn't get any further insurance on Expedia. One possible complication is my airline ticket on PAL was booked using another credit card (American Airlines Aadvantage Citi Executive World Elite). I've never used travel insurance before. How do I go about it or is there even any use trying?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by arabiamark
About the travel insurance. I was caught up in the recent mess at Manila airport where the Xiamen Airlines plane skidded off the runway and the airport was closed for the better part of two days. My Philippine Airlines flight was diverted to Bangkok. I eventually arrived 38 hours after the scheduled arrival time. I had 2 nights of hotel bookings in Makati that were lost. The hotel was booked on Expedia using this HSBC Premier World Mastercard. I wonder if I can use the travel insurance on this card to reclaim this loss. I didn't get any further insurance on Expedia. One possible complication is my airline ticket on PAL was booked using another credit card (American Airlines Aadvantage Citi Executive World Elite). I've never used travel insurance before. How do I go about it or is there even any use trying?
Read page 10: https://www.us.hsbc.com/content/dam/...s_Brochure.pdf

"Financial Services Common Carrier Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption: pays a benefit of up to $1,500 per Insured Person if an Insured Person is prevented from traveling on a common carrier covered trip on or before the departure of the covered trip, or if you are interrupted from continuing your covered trip either on the way to the point of departure or after departure of the covered trip. The cancellation or interruption must be due to your death, accidental injury, disease or physical illness; or the death, accidental injury, disease or physical illness of your immediate family member; or the default from financial insolvency of the Common Carrier.

Answers to specific questions can be obtained by calling 866-977-5098.
To make a claim please call 855-378-9448."

Seems to me the cards insurance doesn't cover airline issues, those should be covered by the airline. Still I'd give a call.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by just_starting
My card is free! Maybe they're keeping it for the paid cards?
According to the message in my statement it's going away for the paid for card as well. Time to downgrade I guess.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Anyone here have HSBC Premier by qualifying outside the USA? And then also have an account in the US that is made premier due to that qualification in your home country?

I'm HSBC Premier USA... and as such have "premier" accounts in a variety of other countries. But I have a few questions about making one of those countries my primary qualifying bank (and thus being able to remove the $100k I have to keep on deposit with HSBC USA) and would like to be able to PM you and ask some questions if you are open to it.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, MileagePlus Silver,
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Anyone here have HSBC Premier by qualifying outside the USA? And then also have an account in the US that is made premier due to that qualification in your home country?

I'm HSBC Premier USA... and as such have "premier" accounts in a variety of other countries. But I have a few questions about making one of those countries my primary qualifying bank (and thus being able to remove the $100k I have to keep on deposit with HSBC USA) and would like to be able to PM you and ask some questions if you are open to it.
I have Premier in the UK which maintains my Premier status in the US for my accounts there. Happy to PM if it helps.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:36 pm

New bonus offer available:

Get 35% Bonus Avios from British Airways Executive Club when you transfer your Rewards Program Points ("Points") now through January 1, 2019. Your Points take you further with the HSBC Rewards for Miles Program.

For a limited time, you'll receive 35% Bonus Avios, the rewards currency of British Airways Executive Club when you transfer your HSBC Points.

Transfer between November 30, 2018 and January 1, 2019 to receive your Bonus, which can be redeemed for flights, cabin upgrades, hotel stays and car rentals.

You can transfer any amount of Points you would like. There is no minimum or maximum limit you can transfer. See examples below of how fast your Bonus Avios can add up.

Offer is valid from 11/30/18 to 1/1/19 11:59p.m. ET. Cardmembers will receive 35% bonus Avios for HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard® or HSBC Premier World Mastercard® credit card Rewards Program Points transferred to Avios during this period. Bonus Avios will be awarded with the original transaction.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC, Skywards, KLM
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
New bonus offer available:

Get 35% Bonus Avios from British Airways Executive Club when you transfer your Rewards Program Points ("Points") now through January 1, 2019. Your Points take you further with the HSBC Rewards for Miles Program.

For a limited time, you'll receive 35% Bonus Avios, the rewards currency of British Airways Executive Club when you transfer your HSBC Points.

Transfer between November 30, 2018 and January 1, 2019 to receive your Bonus, which can be redeemed for flights, cabin upgrades, hotel stays and car rentals.

You can transfer any amount of Points you would like. There is no minimum or maximum limit you can transfer. See examples below of how fast your Bonus Avios can add up.

Offer is valid from 11/30/18 to 1/1/19 11:59p.m. ET. Cardmembers will receive 35% bonus Avios for HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard® or HSBC Premier World Mastercard® credit card Rewards Program Points transferred to Avios during this period. Bonus Avios will be awarded with the original transaction.
Thanks. Do you know if this is USA only or globally?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.