Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:54 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by stanj
Just got a mailer announcing enhancements to the US card:...
Also on website:

https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/per...BUS_MIW0002335
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mia

Enhanced Travel Benefits
Earn 2X Rewards Program Points on Travel, and 1 Rewards Program Point on all other purchases.
$85 TSA Pre✓® Credit to reimburse the application fee2.
$50 Annual Statement Credits for rides with Uber and Lyft2.
Unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi access2.

Nice, I'll take the Uber credits ^
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Not sure I can get excited about any of the new benefits.
Look at this way - they are practically free for you, as the card does not have an AF when you are a HSBC Premier USA customer.

I would say it is a better-than-you-think improvement, when you compare this with Chase or Citi.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:59 pm
mia

... 2x travel rewards...
The definition of merchant categories which qualify as Travel is broad...

Airlines
Hotels and Motels
Travel Agencies
Tour Operators
Cruise Lines
Bus Lines
Automotive and Vehicle Rentals
Truck Rentals
Boat Rentals
Motor Homes and Recreational Vehicles
Campground and Trailer Parks
Automotive Parking Lots and Garages
Bridge and Road Fees/Tolls
Trains
Railroads
Ferries
Limousines and Taxicabs

...but it does not include gasoline or (I think) most public transportation. It certainly won't include transportation, parking or anything else that is coded as a government service.

Last edited by mia; Sep 23, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by garykung
Look at this way - they are practically free for you, as the card does not have an AF when you are a HSBC Premier USA customer.

I would say it is a better-than-you-think improvement, when you compare this with Chase or Citi.
I get that and, granted, any improvement is good. It's just that none of these will really benefit me much. But I'm happy for those that it does benefit.

I am glad that the two main reasons I got the card (no FTF and contactless feature) remain.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I went into an HSBC branch today to help sort out my mother's accounts.

Then I got a big pitch for their high annual fee card, which off the blush doesn't sound as competitive as either the Amex Platinum or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.

3X travel and for $4000 spend, you get 50k points which you can redeem for $750 credit against airline purchases.

Annual fee is $395.

So anyone bite on this card?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Is that new? I've only known of the HSBC Premier MC
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
Here are the details

https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/per.../premier-elite

Not as good as Citi Prestige IMHO.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:46 pm
mia

It's new in the USA, but parallel cards have been introduced in other countries.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:40 pm
Suspended

I also learned that HSBC online access is very convoluted.

You need to download their app. or get a security dongle and then do some kind of device activation, in order to access their accounts online.

But you have to create a separate login or password for the app, after initially logging in with the same web login password.

It's so ridiculously stupid that I don't want anything to do with them. They were trying to entice me to get that card for myself but after the horrible experience trying to set up my parents online login, I'm staying away.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by wco81
So anyone bite on this card?
Sounds like you may be an unfortunate victim of high-pressure selling.

HSBC Premier MC is NOT designed to typical customers like CSR, but instead its own HSBC Premier customers.

Its AF is free with the account. The AF you are quoted is the one without the account.

Originally Posted by Blackheath
Not as good as Citi Prestige IMHO.
Actually in the opposite. HSBC Premier is better than Citi Prestige in general.

1. Image-wise, Citi does not have a specialized card for its top-tiered customers. But HSBC has. The brand image of Citi Prestige is way worse than HSBC Premier MC.

2. This is supposed to be a card without AF. But OP simply got an aggressive banker selling inappropriate product.

Originally Posted by wco81
It's so ridiculously stupid that I don't want anything to do with them. They were trying to entice me to get that card for myself but after the horrible experience trying to set up my parents online login, I'm staying away.
It is a corporate-wide security measure. In fact, I feel safer with this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Unfortunately, I have to make calls to try to set up the login.

I'm not going to go through that again.

Yeah he wanted me to move $100k to their account so that I get $750 bonus.

I don't know what their fees are like, but I'm really not interested in opening another bank account anyways.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Its AF is free with the account. The AF you are quoted is the one without the account..
Is it? That website's T&C say: "A $395 Annual Fee will apply for HSBC Premier World Mastercard® credit card account clients who have a qualifying U.S. HSBC Premier checking account relationship"

My experience with HSBC bankers at my local branch has been highly negative. Broken appointments, calls not returned, emails not returned, uncompetitive lending rates, issues using A2A / bank to bank that I did not have with other big US banks, indifferent branch staff, inconvenient locations, etc. I'm willing to consider that Citi is worse, but my experience as an HSBC Premier relationship client has been subpar.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ralphs
Is it? That website's T&C say: "A $395 Annual Fee will apply for HSBC Premier World Mastercard® credit card account clients who have a qualifying U.S. HSBC Premier checking account relationship"
Based on the card's Summary of Terms, the card has no AF for HSBC Premier customers and $95 for those who no longer has one.

FWIW - I did not quote the $395 AF. So I am puzzled where does the $395 come from.

Originally Posted by ralphs
My experience with HSBC bankers at my local branch has been highly negative. Broken appointments, calls not returned, emails not returned, uncompetitive lending rates, issues using A2A / bank to bank that I did not have with other big US banks, indifferent branch staff, inconvenient locations, etc. I'm willing to consider that Citi is worse, but my experience as an HSBC Premier relationship client has been subpar.
Same here. But FWIW - the problem with Citi is even bigger.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:41 am

Based on the card's Summary of Terms, the card has no AF for HSBC Premier customers and $95 for those who no longer has one.

FWIW - I did not quote the $395 AF. So I am puzzled where does the $395 come from.
It comes from post #443 , please re-read it. The summary of terms linked from that card (which is new to me as of today) states a $395 AF. https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/cus...ice/sot-cc/ipw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.