HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 14, 20, 6:22 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
HSBC (USA) Premier has seven 1:1 airline transfer partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios)
Iberia (Avios)

SKYTEAM
AeroMexico

STAR
Singapore Airlines

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios)
Emirates
Jet Airways

Print Wikipost

Old Jul 19, 20, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat
Any data points if delta or aa gift cards trigger the $100 airline credit on the world elite card?
kouichi likes this.
Old Jul 22, 20, 8:39 pm

any idea if buying a Uber GC within the app would trigger the 20% statement credit? Looking to just buy $250 of GC for family and get $50 back if that's possible.
Old Sep 10, 20, 10:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by AArdvark0 View Post
Any data points if delta or aa gift cards trigger the $100 airline credit on the world elite card?
Originally Posted by kouichi View Post
any idea if buying a Uber GC within the app would trigger the 20% statement credit? Looking to just buy $250 of GC for family and get $50 back if that's possible.
Seems no DPs have been reported. HSBC tech isn't that sophisticated. I'd guess if the charge is from Uber it would count. Let us know if you have any additional info.
Old Sep 10, 20, 10:55 pm

Upcoming Changes to Rewards Portal

HSBC has been sending me emails for over a month now promoting a refresh to their rewards portal. This is for all their card so they are mainly showcasing more cash back options (statement credits, gift cards, etc.) and a new travel portal powered by Priceline. However, for the (two) eligible cards which allow for points transfers they note this option will remain. In a FAQ section its mentioned there may soon be more options and to stay tuned.

Q: Will customers with a Premier World or Premier World Elite Card still be able to use Rewards for Miles to transfer their Points to airline partners?

A: Yes, and we are looking to expand our transfer partner options later in the future. Stay tuned!
Another thing that is interesting is noted under the Explore Travel Options area (boding mine).

With HSBC travel rewards you can:

• Fly virtually anywhere with no blackout dates or seat restrictions on most major carriers.
  • Transfer your Rewards into miles with participating frequent flyer programs
  • Get $100 or more off airline tickets booked through HSBC Travel Rewards Center
  • Get travel statement credit to cover travel you booked with your HSBC Credit Card.
Is this $100 benefit existing or new? There is a footnote on that bullet but it just provides a number to call the rewards center.

I'm looking forward a UI refresh and maybe some updated transfer partners. One can dream for updated points earning too.

Source Page: https://www.us.hsbc.com/credit-card-...count/rewards/
Old Sep 11, 20, 6:43 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by JHake10 View Post
One can dream for updated points earning too.
Earnings will be reduced from 3X to 2X on Travel.
Old Sep 11, 20, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by mia View Post
Earnings will be reduced from 3X to 2X on Travel.
I guess I should have wrote increased points earning

I wonder if there was ever a discussion to make the card very competitive to attract new premier clients. While churning would be possible that would require a lot of effort.
Old Sep 11, 20, 9:58 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
I.... to attract new premier clients. ....
I don't believe HSBC, US Bank, City National et. al. see credit cards as a tool to attract affluent customers. They do not have the scale to compete with the card factories. These products are defensive. Designed to be good enough to keep their depositors from defecting.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat
Seems no DPs have been reported. HSBC tech isn't that sophisticated. I'd guess if the charge is from Uber it would count. Let us know if you have any additional info.
Loading UberCash on the Elite and the World card triggers the Uber benefit

Didnt end up trying airline giftcards, taxes for JAL award ticket triggered the $100 airline benefit credit on the elite card so probably anything airline coded would.
JHake10 and kouichi like this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 8:45 am

OMAAT noted that then Mastercard Postmates benefit got the axe. I wonder how long it will take for HSBC to update their website and remove this.
Old Oct 19, 20, 9:24 am

The new rewards portal will be live as of November 2 2020 (after two days of downtime). Only thing noteworthy in the email was

• Today, only purchases made directly with airlines are eligible for travel statement credits. After conversion, you will be able to redeem travel statement credits for airline, hotel or car rental purchases made directly with these merchants.
They also noted a lackluster pay yourself back program at a 1cpp rate with a $25 minimum. What is interesting though is World Elite Mastercard holders receive 1.2cpp when paying yourself back for airfare, hotels or car rentals. However, the extra points are returned back to you as a credit.

As a Premier World Elite cardholder, when you redeem Points through Pay with Rewards for airfare, hotels or car rentals, you will receive a 20% Point Bonus. For example, a $300 hotel room requires 30,000 Points to redeem. After you redeem you'll automatically receive a 6,000 Point Bonus added to your Points balance in 1-2 business days.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: