Saks Fifth Avenue World Elite Mastercard

Old Oct 12, 2006, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
Saks Fifth Avenue World Elite Mastercard

Does anyone has any more info on this card beyond the website? How is the service, benefits, etc - could it be a replacement to AMEX Plt?

Thanks
UA 100K
Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:16 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Diners Club, Citi Chairman, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, SPG Gold, Marriott Slvr
Originally Posted by UA 100K
Does anyone has any more info on this card beyond the website? How is the service, benefits, etc - could it be a replacement to AMEX Plt?

Thanks
UA 100K
This link was posted in another forum... The benefits seem to increase with your spending. I only glanced at it, but the benefits tiering system appears to be based on spending at Saks

<< Removed bad link. See Kagehitokiri's post below >>

Last edited by awake_at_midnight; Oct 12, 2006 at 11:34 am
Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He said beyond the website, I presumed he had read that..

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/Saks...=1160611582159 is the link I posted in exclusive card thread.

yay for post stretching ads

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/Saks...=1160666819021

there are no rewards like incircle at NM. you only get "cashback" AT saks. (to spend at saks)
Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:34 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Diners Club, Citi Chairman, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, SPG Gold, Marriott Slvr
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
He said beyond the website, I presumed he had read that..

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/Saks...=1160611582159 is the link I posted in exclusive card thread.

yay for post stretching ads

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/Saks...=1160666819021

there are no rewards like incircle at NM. you only get "cashback" AT saks. (to spend at saks)
Thanks for re-posting that link
Old Oct 12, 2006, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

np. its unfortunate they break so often during copy/paste
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:36 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just received an offer in the mail for this to"upgrade" my Saks account ("You're among the very first Saks customers who will experience this rewarding new card...")

2500 bonus points with first purchase
Unlimited earnings with no point expiration dates
Complimentary international companion airline tickets on participating airlines (no list provided) with purchase of a qualifying full-fare First or Business-class international ticket
Personalized World Elite travel agent and concierge services
Admisssion to more than 450 airport lounges; a nominal fee is assessed for access to select airport lounges
No annual fee

Other program elements are all part of the existing SaksFirst program; this card allows earnings of 1 point per dollar spent outside of SFA

Interestingly, I am mixed about whether to "upgrade" my account. On the one hand, it is a no-brainer because I am already an active SaksFirst program member and there is no annual fee. BUT, I just applied and received the new *wood business card and don;t want another credit report pull so quickly since I may be rolling my HELOC and primary mortgage into a new primary soon...
Old Oct 19, 2006, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ok, dont the saks points just give you cashback? thats what it says on their website.

no information anywhere to suggest its anything like incircle at NM..

youre saying you have a saks credit card right? can you clear that up?
Old Oct 19, 2006, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
ok, dont the saks points just give you cashback? thats what it says on their website.

no information anywhere to suggest its anything like incircle at NM..

youre saying you have a saks credit card right? can you clear that up?
Yes, the SaksFirst program gives you a gift card to spend @ Saks based on points accrued the previous year. There are some other "soft" perks -- invites to cocktail receptions/trunk shows. They sometimes give freebies exclusively to Saks First members on specific days (example, an Estee Lauder compact, full size bottle of men's cologne, etc. -- great for the gift closet!)

Free shipping (often free express shipping) on catalog and saks.com orders and free local delivery...they don't always charge me for alterations either -- all these benefits are worth more than the cash back feature to me

The program is not like InCircle at NM..but has a much lower threshold. $1000 spend a year earns points at the 2% level...and if you shop on double and triple points days, it can add up. % back increases based on annual base expenditure. What I don't like is that the gift card is only valid for a couple of months.

Oh, and a mystery gift card for use on your birthday, with value up to $500. Since I am usually traveling on my birthday, can't comment on the type of values that are typical on this.

Last edited by pbjag; Oct 20, 2006 at 7:15 am
Old Oct 19, 2006, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL (suckered me into) Diamond, ICH Plat RA, SPG Plat
So is the priority pass memebership the type where you get into the lounge for free, or the one where you have to pay $$$ for each visit?

A free PP membership with free access sounds too good to be true.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 6:08 pm

Programs: CO Silver; DL FO; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Originally Posted by boxweaver
So is the priority pass memebership the type where you get into the lounge for free, or the one where you have to pay $$$ for each visit?
Admisssion to more than 450 airport lounges; a nominal fee is assessed for access to select airport lounges
I would assume from that wording that it's a regular pay-per-visit Priority Pass.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 7:45 am

OK, some more details. Basically the benefits of the World Elite MC are the same as Saks First Benefits, plus basic Priority Pass membership (which requires a fee per admission), 24-hour concierge, trip cancellation insurance, etc. Their travel agent service is through Virtuoso.

Additional benefits of SaksFirst vary based an annual spending @ SFA, but in addition to the benefits at Saks (gift card based on soending, free shipping, etc.) also include some travel partner benefits. For example:

Base level:

PARTNER BENEFITS***
THE RITZ-CARLTON
$50 hotel credit

MERCEDES-BENZ
$1,000 Saks Gift Card when you buy or lease a new car

SEABOURN
Save 10% on your next cruise

BRITISH AIRWAYS
Complimentary companion tickets
$250 off Club WorldSM fare to London
$50 off World Traveller PlusSM fare to London

ABERCROMBIE & KENT
$250 off a companion itinerary

At higher levels, benefits include suite and club-level upgrades at Ritz Carlton, First Class upgrades on BA with purchase of Business Class fare. Check the links of the SFA website for more details....
Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/Saks...=1160611582159 = benefits

the whole point is, you have to spend at saks to get benefits, and the only thing you get in return is saks gift cards.

so to me its worthless.

i personally like how incircle rewards at NM are redeemable, and you get them on top of memberhip rewards.

what kind of price/sale difference is there between saks and NM in general?
Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:43 pm

The "How it Works" links says you get points for spending at Saks and spending outside Saks.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it seemed to me that the tier level requirements are saks spending.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 3:38 pm

Quote from Program Guidelines:

Saks Fifth Avenue MasterCard Cardmembers
All Saks Fifth Avenue MasterCard customers are automatically enrolled in SAKSFIRST when they are approved for the card. You must acquire a total of 2,000 points in a calendar year in order to receive a bonus reward card. 2,000 point minimum can consist of any combination of base point or bonus points for eligible spend inside and outside of Saks base. You will receive 1 bonus point per dollar spent outside of Saks Fifth Avenue stores and saks.com and 1 bonus point per dollar spent at Off 5th (see below for point accumulation at Saks Fifth Avenue).

--------

Where does it say that the tier level requirements are saks spending?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.