Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

USAirways Signature Credit Card and Credit Report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2005, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)

I recently noticed on my credit report that Bank of America was not reporting my credit limit for my USAirways credit card and wrote to both the credit Bureaus and Bank of America. Well, my credit limit reappeared. However, I checked my credit report today and the account no longer has a credit limit again but now the account is listed as an open account (just like my American Express Charge Card) which I guess is good. My question is under terms it says 10s rather than minimum or revolving. What does 10s mean. Under my Amex Charge card they report the terms as either N/A or 30 days. Hope someone can help me.

Sincerely,

JC
Old Mar 23, 2005, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I've never seen the term "10s" on a credit report. My B of A visa reports as "open account: revolving."

You might want to ask your question over at creditboards.com - they're a good resource for any credit report-related questions.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: spg plat vs gold
What were your fico scores before the card and after the card opening. If they dropped more than 20 points its a problem.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Blum,

I actually have had the card for 2 years now and only about 6 months ago did Bank of America decide to change to from reporting my credit limit to not reporting and that hurt my score since I use that card frequently. That is why I contacted both the credit bureaus and Bank of America to relist my credit limit. They did and everything was fine until my recent statement closed and they gave updated info to the credit report and this is when the account went from being a revolving/credit account to an open account. My score looks like it improved 1 point but in the long run I don't know which is better having it report like a charge card or having it report like a credit card. Additionally, I have never come across the term 10 s in a credit report before and wanted to know what it stands for and whether it was a good or bad thing.

Sincerely,

JC
Old Mar 24, 2005, 9:40 am
Suspended

The best way to show limit is too max it out one month to limit pay off folling month. Your high limit will substitute for your credit limit:
I have done this for amex, capital one.What were your scores when you got the card just curious as I was wondering what scores you need for this card.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 8:47 pm

Programs: CO/OnePass Platinum, *wood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HiltonHonors Gold, Amex Platinum, Hertz #1CG 5*
Visa Signature and MasterCard World cards are "no pre-set limit" products. There is an assigned revolving line but you are permitted to go over if necessary, but you must pay in full any balance over the revolving limit.

Unfortunately, since they are supposedly "no pre-set limit," they do not report a credit limit to the CRAs, just highest balance.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Well, although I haven't found out what the 10s stands for I do know that Bank of America does report the credit limit on a signature card because they sent me a letter stating that they have updated my credit report listing my credit limit as X and that the letter they sent me will be my confirmation until my report is updated. Additionally, if signature cards are going to be reported without a credit limit then they should be reported like a charge card and not a revolving credit card since reporting it as a revolving account will cause your FICO score to drop significantly.

Blum to answer your question, when I applied for the card I applied for the USAirways platinum card since the signature was not offered at that time and my credit score was around 740.

Sincerely,

JC
Old Mar 26, 2005, 5:33 pm
Suspended

I thought 6 negs totaling 2000 bucks [medical} and highest of 3 fico's is 688. Perhaps why I might not qualify. In two years they will fall off. In for months nordstroms said they will upgrade my charge card to plat;perhaps I might beg for their new visa signature card.
Just for the perks 120 bucks is a good deal for nordstroms card, you get points and visa travel rewards. Probably the best visa sig card out there
T, just launched it a few weeks ago. 120 dollar fee is only if you want travel rewards points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.